Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

cc_campbell81
cc_campbell81 Posts: 622
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I am starting the 30 day shred today if any one would like to join me. I have heard great reviews so I hope for great results.

191371.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I'm back on doing her 30 day shred. I did it once before, but did not get results in terms of body change, my strength increased dramatically though.
  • Hey! I just got this video too. I plan to try it tomorrow. A few of my co-workers really like it. Let me know what you think! Is it something you are supposed to do everyday? I was going to try to do it 2-3 times a week since I am only doing cardio right now.
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    I did it awhile back and definately got results. HUGE difference in me before compared to now. I am definately up for trying it again, get toned up. I did it pretty much every day except for maybe one or two days a week. I staggered it, and kept my body guessing.
  • I did it for ten days and loved it!! Very hard work, getting ready to try it again!!

259783.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • I just ordered that video and planned on starting it tomorrow. I can only get to the gym 3 days a weeks so I need something I can do at home the 4 other days. I will do this in addition to a 4 -5 mile run each day. I really hope to see results. I feel like I have been working really hard at both diet and excersise and see such slow moving results. I just had a baby 4 months ago and have 30 to lose still.
  • ham1299
    ham1299 Posts: 11
    I bought it and tried it a couple of months ago. I decided to wait to really get into it until school starts, when I can get into a routine. School starts tomorrow, so I might do it in the afternoon.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    been doing it for months...you will love it! I'm at the point where I do other circuit workouts too...but sitll do this about twice a week faithfully. It truly changed the shape of my body.

Cindy
  • Okay so I just finished. The sweat is dripping, heart is beating, and I am breathing hard. That was harder than I thought but do-able! About half way in I had to pause the DVD because my calves cramped up! I will definately stick with it. It's a 20 minute work out so I can definately fit it in easily.
  • I'm super excited now after hearing all this praise for it. I ordered it the other week and it's waiting for me at the apartment office to pick up tomorrow :-)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    My plan is to do it 3 days a week, HIIT 3 days and supplementing JM with 6 minutes Tabata.

cc - don't get discouraged. The first time I did it I was dying, but by the 4th time I noticed the push ups were easier, the jumping jacks got easier too. You'll see your strength increase dramatically.
  • My calves are really sore today but that's encouraging because I was running 3 miles and not getting this sore.
  • Even more sore today than yesterday. I am doing level 1 again tonight.
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    I just finished level one. I loved it. It was hard, but I stuck with it. I know I will be sore tomorrow - or maybe it won't hit me till the next day -- but I will have one aching body.
    20 minutes, and she pushed me harder than I could ever push myself.
    I love Jillian.
    I'm afraid of levels 2 and 3. :embarassed: But it will be awhile before I get there.
    I tell you, I can spend an hour on an elliptical machine, and not feel as completely wiped out, in a good way, that I feel right now.
    Right now, I love it -- but I might be singing a different tune tomorrow, when my body will object. :wink:
  • I also find that my calves get very sore and tight..it's the first thing I noticed! I have been doing the shred for about 12 days now and have noticed a huge change in my stamina and endurance. I have also lost 6 lbs! good luck to everyone...ps. the push-ups never got easier for me!
  • dferguson- "I also find that my calves get very sore and tight..it's the first thing I noticed! "

Are your calves still sore after 12 days?
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Yes -- my calves get really tight from the jumping. I wonder too, if that will get better, as I get more fit.
  • I have to do extra stretches for them but the intense tight feeling went away after 3 days but they still get a little tight right after a workout and if I go on my tip toes. I just stretch them out about twice a day...when I get up in the morning and after doing the shred. They haven't been that bad since starting level 2.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    You know, I don't find levels 2 and 3 THAT much harder. actually, I think level 3 is the easiest one for me...however, I think it's because you can work at your personal hardest on each level any time...a GREAT workout!

Cindy
  • here goes week 2!
  • i just got this video today and will start it tomorrow, how do you figure it in the fitness, it is cardio and what kind, thanks in advance!
This discussion has been closed.