Options

Replies

• EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    There's a nutella Popsicle recipe floating around the forums somewherep
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    My instinct says throw it in the bin but I actually made an Easter/birthday cake for my son on the weekend that used nutella as the icing then had mini easter eggs stuck in it for decoration.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    There's a nutella Popsicle recipe floating around the forums somewherep

Message Boards - Recipes - nutella popsicles!

Posted 03/16/12 by hellraisedfire
  • sjv1966
    sjv1966 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Nutella and apple quesadilla.

Take a tortilla, spread it with a thin layer of Nutella, put some thin slices of apple on one half, then fold it over. Put the folded tortilla in a dry frying pan over medium heat until the bottom browns and crisps up a little, then flip it over until the other side brown and crisps up. Eat. The Nutella will melt and the apple will soften. It is the best thing ever.

I only eat this when I am backpacking (I cook it on a camp stove) and can "afford" the calories.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Definetly agree with the 'don't buy it' and 'throw it in the garbage' comments. Otherwise i'd be running to the kitchen to find a spoon and a jar of it right about now.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    I'm one of those strange people that find nutella nauseating.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Nutella, but my daughter does the spoon in jar thing.

She also really likes making FlufferNutters using Nutella instead of peanut butter.
  • cerixon
    cerixon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    marshmallow and Nutella panini
  • zoominzozo
    zoominzozo Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Mix a spoonful in with porridge- Nom nom x
  • dushi21
    dushi21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nutella Peanut Butter S'more

1tsp Nutella
    (1tsp Peanut Butter- optional)
    1 Lg Mashmallow
    1 Graham Cracker (full sheet)

Spread Nutella & Peanut Butter on 1/2 graham cracker.
    On the other half graham cracker set the marshmallow (flat side down) microwave for 10 sec. Put the other cracker on top and you have a S'More... not that sinful :)
  • LBilyj
    LBilyj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Buy a some Arnott's Milk Arrowroot Biscuits and spread it on those for a snack! :) It's delicious :p
  • LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon of it on an eggo waffle and it was so good!
  • Cynwal13
    Cynwal13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Warm just a little bit in the microwave and use it as a dip for apples or bananas. It makes a little go a long way.
  • MetroEastNative
    Options
    It is very yummy, but calorie dense! I have a funny story. Last week my family went on vacation with my DH's brother and his family. They gave Nutella on toast to their 2.5 year old every day for breakfast. I guess they think it's "healthy" b/c it's nut spread, but it's just an excuse to eat sugar IMO. OK in moderation as a snack, but I wouldn't call it a breakfast food of champions unless you want to teach your kids that eating a chocolate bar for breakfast is ok.

Anyway, the last day, I saw my SIL, who is pretty close to her ideal body weight, first spread margarine on toast, THEN smear Nutella on top! Really? How is that necessary? It's a cultural thing (Indian)....they even butter the bread before putting salami on for a sandwich.
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie to you. It most definitely just tastes best out of the jar lol. I do this quite often.
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Spread it over yourself and give your partner a treat instead!
  • fishiewishes
    fishiewishes Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna lie to you. It most definitely just tastes best out of the jar lol. I do this quite often.

Quoted for truth! This thread has got me wanting to grab a spoon and dash for the cupboard!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Take fresh white bread, top with lashings of butter and a big dollop of nutella.
    Eat one serve then throw the rest of the bread, butter and nutella in the bin (or give it away).
    It's too good (taste wise that is, health wise its pretty much candy, don't get suckered in by the advertising).
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh Nutella, how I've missed you. After reading all these great recipe ideas, I will have to go buy a jar after work. Yum.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I saw this on pinterest, but I haven't tried it yet but it sounds amazing. It's terribly unhealthy, but I have to try it someday. Pillsbury crescent rolls out of the package, smear some nutella on the inside, roll up, then roll in cinnamon-sugar and bake as normal.

Sorry!