Add me as a friend if you weigh in daily & are encouraging

Options
276NoMore
276NoMore Posts: 115 Member
I am looking for friends who weigh in daily and who are encouraging and give and receive support :)

Replies

• HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Why would you weigh in daily though?
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    I weigh-in daily. My doctor said there is nothing wrong with daily weigh-ins. Just try to weigh-in the same time each day so that you have an accurate reading.

I just sent you a friend request :smile:
  • candlesrme
    Options
    daily weighing is just not good..... better to weigh just once a week
  • candlesrme
    Options
    do you not get disheartened if you dont loose?
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    Daily weighing is fine so long as you're realistic with yourself and appreciate that your body will fluctuate.

I weigh daily but only log on here once a week to ensure my readings are accurate.

I also make sure I weigh myself at the same time every day, i.e. first thing in the morning, naked or in underwear, and after I've pee'd.

Good luck xx
  • kathym59
    kathym59 Posts: 51
    Options
    If I haven't "been" I can weigh up to a half kilo more. I weigh once a week, if I put on weight and have stuck to the diet, I feel really depressed and would probably eat more
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If weekly weighing is better for you, then by all means do it that way. But I weigh in daily also and it works just fine for me. And no, I don't get disheartened when I don't lose. I don't expect to lose every day.
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    No, I don't get disheartened when I don't lose. I don't expect to lose every day.

This is what I mean about being realistic. :-) As long as you're aware you won't lose every day, you'll be fine. xx
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    If I dont weigh in every day, I find that I dont stay on track as much. If the scale doesnt move one day or even goes up slightly, I reassess what I did or didnt do and I am better that day than on days when it does go down. I push myself harder. Every time in the past when I 'fall off the wagon' and gain my weight, it is because I ignore my scale. A week without weighing turns into a month, turns into 2 month, turns into 10 pounds!!! The scale keeps me honest and it only takes a second each morning. To each their own. :flowerforyou:
  • NicolettetheGreek
    NicolettetheGreek Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    daily weighing is just not good..... better to weigh just once a week

Not True. Depends on you,re health and reasoning.

Some people on this sight have CHF (Chronic Heart Failure) It is a medical necessady (sp) for them to weigh daily, as a weight gain >3 pounds over night, or 5 pounds in a week, can significally over-tax an already over worked heart muscle.

Also, I, for instance, weigh daily..I don't spaz when the numbers rise a pound or two. I generally average it out over the last few days. But if it is getting close to my official "weigh in day", and my numbers are still elevating, iI make sure to cut way back on my sodium, and look over my food diary, too see if I have had any unusual entries..like going out to eat more than once a week.
    As, it's common knowledge, most restraunt's, and almost all fast food places over salt and the food is laden w/extra fat for taste.

Hope that gives you some insight as to why some of us are in the habit of daily weighing.

Peace!
    Nicolette
  • alphagirl82
    Options
    I don't weigh in daily but I log in to MFP daily and review people's diaries and exercise habits. I keep my diary open and tend to stick to a very clean, natural diet. I also will send encouraging words to my friends (if they're deserved). Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.

That said, I tend to not comment if a diary is filled with highly processed junk food. I won't criticize, but I'm not going to say "way to go" if lunch is a snickers bar, even if you stayed under your calorie goal.
  • lisacril
    lisacril Posts: 3
    Options
    I do tend to weigh myself most days just to keep myself motivated and on track then at least if it starts to creep in the wrong direction I'm aware of it before it gets a bigger problem!
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but also know I wont lose every day. I don't take it to heart, and I also know the body fluctuates! I log my losses.. Sometimes they're once a week, and sometimes every other day. It just depends!
  • CRVDiva
    CRVDiva Posts: 104
    Options
    Ditto, that's exactly how I feel. I spoke with my weight loss doctor about this and he agrees that there is nothing wrong with weighing in every day. It's what you do with the information you receive that counts. And I use the information to do exactly what you described below because I find when I don't I too "fall off the wagon" for similar reasons as you described below.:wink:
    If I dont weigh in every day, I find that I dont stay on track as much. If the scale doesnt move one day or even goes up slightly, I reassess what I did or didnt do and I am better that day than on days when it does go down. I push myself harder. Every time in the past when I 'fall off the wagon' and gain my weight, it is because I ignore my scale. A week without weighing turns into a month, turns into 2 month, turns into 10 pounds!!! The scale keeps me honest and it only takes a second each morning. To each their own. :flowerforyou:
  • jenkinsdeb
    Options
    My trainer says, Put those scales away. Only weigh in ONCE a week, same time, same scales, after the dunnie ;-)
  • MisterTEZ
    MisterTEZ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like the username 276NoMore..shows grit and determination

It's a personal choice to weigh once a day (or even multiple times a day/ weekly / monthly or never

I used to weigh 3/4 times a week but after a while I didn't see the point, I weigh weekly now but that's my personal choice.

if you are happy to weigh every day well good on you and I wish you all the best.

I am happy to add you as a friend, I log on daily and will do my best to encourage you :smile:
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but only log twice a week.
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Daily weighing is fine so long as you're realistic with yourself and appreciate that your body will fluctuate.

If you are going to weigh-in daily, take this on board!

I weigh -in weekly but some times used itch to weigh-in more frequently, i can imagine it becoming a sort of disorder sometimes, now, i dont even weigh-in weekly and am plensantly supprised by a 5lbs loss (like i did on Friday after not weighing in for 3 weeks).

My personal advice is dont become obsessed with the scales, there are other messurements too to take into account that people seem to neglect. Not olny that, but if you are doing the healthy lifestyle right, you will be losing those numbers weather you decide to stand on the scales or not :)

Best of luck
  • orangecrayon
    orangecrayon Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I weigh in right after I wake up every morning. Hey! Adding you right now :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    As long as you're aware that stuff you ate yesterday isn't going to impact your weigh in the next morning (unless you ate a lot of salt or carbohydrates, which make you retain water), then weighing in daily is fine. I don't see the point though, you can lose body fat and not lose weight on the scales.