Body Fat Loss / Lean Body Weight Gain Challenge

Options
So I’m at a weight I’m comfortable with (mostly, could lose a couple more lbs) and now feel like focusing on weight less and body fat more. I’m starting a challenge for the next 8 weeks where we would measure our body fat (I use this site: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html) and check in here ONCE a week. ANY day of the week is fine. The site calculates your lean body mass as well as lbs/kgs of body fat and so you would record those here too. I’ll also create a spreadsheet for tracking if anyone else joins me.

So basically:

1. Measure body fat once a week (using your own method or the site above).

2. Record measurements (body fat %, lbs/kgs of body fat, lean body weight) here.

3. I will input them into a spreadsheet and post the image here daily. (I know some people hate using spreadsheets)

I know everyone has different goals, some want to lose fat, some want to gain muscle if it even means gaining fat right along with it. That’s fine, the challenge is

a. an increase in lean body weight should be more than the increase in body fat. For e.g., if you have a gain of 0.8 lbs lean body weight, your gain in lbs of body fat should be less than this.

b. if your lean body weight decreases, your lbs of body fat should have decreased by even more.

Got it? Good! Come on people, would love to have some other persons doing this with me.

Replies

• jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'll start:

04/09/12

Body fat %: 32.21
    Lbs of body fat: 40.26
    Lean body weight: 84.74
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump...maybe :)
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Bump...maybe :)

LOL....maybe? Well that's definitely better than a no right? I'll take it!
  • Felidae_1981
    Options
    :) - I need to measure, it's depressing and a lot of work. If I have time tonight I'll do some calculations. Wanna start HIIT tonight. Gotta look good for Jamaica baby ;)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    So I’m at a weight I’m comfortable with (mostly, could lose a couple more lbs) and now feel like focusing on weight less and body fat more. I’m starting a challenge for the next 8 weeks where we would measure our body fat (I use this site: http://www.linear-software.com/online.html) and check in here ONCE a week. ANY day of the week is fine. The site calculates your lean body mass as well as lbs/kgs of body fat and so you would record those here too. I’ll also create a spreadsheet for tracking if anyone else joins me.

So basically:

1. Measure body fat once a week (using your own method or the site above).

2. Record measurements (body fat %, lbs/kgs of body fat, lean body weight) here.

3. I will input them into a spreadsheet and post the image here daily. (I know some people hate using spreadsheets)

I know everyone has different goals, some want to lose fat, some want to gain muscle if it even means gaining fat right along with it. That’s fine, the challenge is

a. an increase in lean body weight should be more than the increase in body fat. For e.g., if you have a gain of 0.8 lbs lean body weight, your gain in lbs of body fat should be less than this.

b. if your lean body weight decreases, your lbs of body fat should have decreased by even more.

Got it? Good! Come on people, would love to have some other persons doing this with me.

I'm in - I always do my measuring on Fridays so will start on Friday.

Weirdly I just posted a thread about this - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/557040-ladies-lean-mass
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    So up for this!! Starting New Rules of Lifting for Women tomorrow!

04/10/12

Body fat %: 24.61
    Lbs of body fat: 36.52
    Lean body weight: 111.88

Whoooohoooo! My goal is to get to 18-20% BF!
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll plan on measuring Friday.
  • Felidae_1981
    Options
    Alright, I used this site http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html because I don't have a caliper.

4/10/2012

Body Fat 22.4%
    Lbs of Body Fat 29.1
    Lean body weight 100.9

But it asked me to measure around smallest area around abdomen, which is wayyyyy smaller than my belly :(

Hope it's somewhat accurate at least....
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Alright, I used this site http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html because I don't have a caliper.

4/10/2012

Body Fat 22.4%
    Lbs of Body Fat 29.1
    Lean body weight 100.9

But it asked me to measure around smallest area around abdomen, which is wayyyyy smaller than my belly :(

Hope it's somewhat accurate at least....

Most sites I visited required the smallest area too, but I've always used around my navel so I just stick with that. The important thing is seeing the % DECREASE.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options

04/10/12

Great idea including what program you are following. I'm doing P90X with a couple days of insanity thrown in and eating an average of 1800 calories per day.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am game

04/10/12

Body fat %: 54.87
    Lbs of body fat: 116.87
    Lean body weight: 96.13

Man do these numbers make me want to workout 24/7 SMH
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    And that's why we're doing this. To look at our numbers and use them for motivation. Mine certainly motivated me to resist a slice of cake today. Really really need to see a decrease in fat come next week.
  • jamaicanlady
    Options

04/10/12

Not sure what my goal should be, maybe 28%. Yea, I can do this!
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    So the spreadsheet is up. I decided to do it in google docs instead. The link is

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj6ZuKWnfujWdGQ0SjFVaVFHWU9FeWN4c0p5NUF5WkE#gid=0

If you would want to see the image posted here as well just let me know. Don't worry, I'll still be the one updating the spreadsheet.

I'm so excited to do this! I can't wait to see my body fat decrease. (Please please please)
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Body Fat% 31.12
    Body Fat lbs 50.67
    Lean Body Weight 112.13
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Body Fat % 15.45
    Body Fat lbs 19.77
    Lean Body Weight 108.23
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Body fat% 25.21 (my scale says 26.5%... interesting)

Lbs of fat 29.24

Lbs lean muscle 86.76
  • jamaicanlady
    Options
    Spreadsheet updated.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i want to join if it's not too late

body fat % 34.19
    pounds of blubber : 69.06
    pounds of meaty and skeletal goodness: 132.94

wishing us all luck. my goal is to get this down to 30% fat
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Body fat% 25.21 (my scale says 26.5%... interesting)

Lbs of fat 29.24

Lbs lean muscle 86.76

My scale also reads higher.