Keeping it "REAL" humbly changing ticker to show weight gain

Options

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I did the same this morning. It hurt but gotta keep it real right? Good for you for having the courage to do it. Rock on!

Thanks a lot...your weight loss is so impressive--WTG!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    People who can't keep it real will ultimately fail. Learning about how your body works based on eating patterns will only make you more effective at understanding weight maintenance in the long run.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    People who can't keep it real will ultimately fail. Learning about how your body works based on eating patterns will only make you more effective at understanding weight maintenance in the long run.

IDEA Fitness member

Hmmmmm...I appreciate this perspective--a LOT (NEVER thought about that perspective AT ALL)--Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    I gained 5 pounds from November to February and put it in the log. But in the beginning of the month, on a trip to the doctor, I found that I was 4 and a half pounds lighter than February. If I didn't log back in February, I wouldn't have noticed that there was that much of a change. It's always best to be honest with yourself!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I do this also : ) i gained 2.4lbs this past week and i plugged it now im back to a 39lbs weight loss
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I had hit the 30lb mark and then gained back 5 so I had to change it - just didnt feel right leaving it showing 30 even though it was a pretty sight to see :)
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

So very true.

I just had a discussion on my page about keeping an accurate food log, even on the bad days. A friend told me she didn't want to rock the motivation of her friends when she stumbles and falls off the wagon. She worries her friends will say "If she can't do it, I can't either." I'm here for myself, warts 'n' all. So I record food as accurately as I can, even on a bender when things can get messy with portions and such. I also think we need to drop the ego, and get real about the ups and downs in weight. It helps other people forgive themselves for being human, when you can show an accurate picture of your own human imperfection.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    My ticker is always accurate - good, bad or ugly. I weigh myself every Friday and record the weight regardless if it's a gain, loss, or stays the same. For me, it's the only way this is going to work.
    /\/\/\/\ Hey I totally agree with this philosophy. You have to be true to yourself or it's not worth trying.
  • guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    spiritually inspiring...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

So very true.

I just had a discussion on my page about keeping an accurate food log, even on the bad days. A friend told me she didn't want to rock the motivation of her friends when she stumbles and falls off the wagon. She worries her friends will say "If she can't do it, I can't either." I'm here for myself, warts 'n' all. So I record food as accurately as I can, even on a bender when things can get messy with portions and such. I also think we need to drop the ego, and get real about the ups and downs in weight. It helps other people forgive themselves for being human, when you can show an accurate picture of your own human imperfection.

I ALWAYS log/logged my food and exercising accurately and exactly as done...my issue was exactly this:

I know the feeling I had hit the 30lb mark and then gained back 5 so I had to change it - just didnt feel right leaving it showing 30 even though it was a pretty sight to see :)

It was the inaccurate/untrue/no longer the case of 19 pound loss on my ticker that I'd been keeping and lowered it to "keep it real" It was scary and humbling to take it UP to where it is/was yesterday....but now I'm so GLAD I did. Thanks in big part to the replies/responses I got here on this thread. Thanks again gang!:flowerforyou:
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for keeping it real! It can be a little disappointing sometimes, but the only way to figure out your body is to be honest with yourself.

I weigh and record everyday. That allows me to not focus on any single up day. When you look at my graph you can see the daily ups and downs. As long as the line is generally going down then I'm doing fine. This also means I don't claim any victory for a few days until I'm sure it's not just normal variability.

Glad you're being honest! Hope you can find a way to get back on track soon! :smile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I applaud you for keeping it real! It can be a little disappointing sometimes, but the only way to figure out your body is to be honest with yourself.

I weigh and record everyday. That allows me to not focus on any single up day. When you look at my graph you can see the daily ups and downs. As long as the line is generally going down then I'm doing fine. This also means I don't claim any victory for a few days until I'm sure it's not just normal variability.

Glad you're being honest! Hope you can find a way to get back on track soon! :smile:

Fabulous...I love this, especially when you said:
    "... This also means I don't claim any victory for a few days until I'm sure it's not just normal variability." :heart: THIS!
    --thank you so much for posting!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i unfortunately just changed mine too.......i have put on 6# since my last check in.
    i KNOW exactly what happened......i started making really really poor food choices and too much fast food!
    my parents and i have been on this journey for 2 yrs and all three of us have kinda slid backwards. we have all recommitted and are getting back on track with eating AND exercise and holding each other accountable.

Saw this posting on FB today and I really like it:
    A good reminder whether it's about a diet, exercise, job or relationships...
    "If you want to succeed in your life, remember this phrase... "The past does not equal The future". Because you failed yesterday; or all day today, or a moment ago, or for the last six months; the last 16 years, or the last fifty years of life doesn't mean anything...All that matters is what are you going to do, Right Now."
    - Tony Robbins
    So true!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    i unfortunately just changed mine too.......i have put on 6# since my last check in.
    i KNOW exactly what happened......i started making really really poor food choices and too much fast food!
    my parents and i have been on this journey for 2 yrs and all three of us have kinda slid backwards. we have all recommitted and are getting back on track with eating AND exercise and holding each other accountable.

Saw this posting on FB today and I really like it:
    A good reminder whether it's about a diet, exercise, job or relationships...
    "If you want to succeed in your life, remember this phrase... "The past does not equal The future". Because you failed yesterday; or all day today, or a moment ago, or for the last six months; the last 16 years, or the last fifty years of life doesn't mean anything...All that matters is what are you going to do, Right Now."
    - Tony Robbins
    So true!

Love that Tony Robbins quote!!!! Thanks for posting:flowerforyou:
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    You are a gem!
  • bilzprincess
    bilzprincess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, this sure seems like bad news, but I'm counting it ALL joy, because I want to keep this thing real. I've been gaining weight since upping my calories from 1200 (which I wasn't coming NEAR eating my net (after work-outs calories) and upped them to
    1456 calories per day and eating ALL or very close to my exercise calories.

Before doing this, I wasn't losing any weight nor gaining...just staying at 179.9 pounds. I'm now (as of today) 184.4 pounds.

I've been contemplating keeping my ticker at the 19 pounds I've lost so far, since January 20th, 2012. Prayed about it and feel "Led" to change my ticker to more honestly and accurately show where I at--which is up. This is humbling indeed, but a saint/girl gotta do what a saint/girl gotta do--period.

So, I'm writing this as a NSV-- because it's taking a certain VICTORY to be honest and real with myself and others as they read my posts.

I believe being real and honest with God, myself and others...is a big ole (if not all together happy) NSV!!!!

I did the same just last night.
    Then today lost one of those stubborn lbs of three that I'd gained! What the heck, scale? Quit messing with me!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    My ticker is always accurate - good, bad or ugly. I weigh myself every Friday and record the weight regardless if it's a gain, loss, or stays the same. For me, it's the only way this is going to work.

same here! I weigh in Friday morning and ONLY Friday morning and record it.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Good job being REAL!! :) my ticker used to say 117#'s lost.........it only went up 9# but I was in "denial" for a little bit......things are back on track :) congrats:) the scale will move in the opposite diection again!
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    "counting it all joy" JAMES 1:2-3!! My favorite bible verse!
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are so cool! What an inspiration you are to me! Being honest is so important because God knows anyway!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!