Replies

• gogidget
    gogidget Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    DVD's and walks around your neighborhood:smile:
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've lost all my weight (108 pounds) with at home work outs. Never went to a gym. I have done the Abs Diet workout, Bob Harper DVD's, done programs like Couch to 5K, and am now doing P90X. I would have never had the time or money to go to the gym, so working out at home is my only option. If I can do it, anyone can!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I do not go to a gym....my house is my gym. I do have a eliptical, some free weights, resistance bands, stability ball and DVDS and magazines galore! I run 3 days a week, use the eliptical if its beyond freezing or storming out, I use my stairs for lunges and leg lifts, ect. and sprints! I have a binder of my favorite workouts from magazines so I just pick and choose. :) Squats and lunges are my friends right now. :)
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Beach body is awesome.... I've done P90X, Hip Hop Abs, Turbo Jam, Brazil Butt Lift and Insanity. I also do Tae Bo, Zumba, walking, Etc. There are plenty of things you can do from home. Good luck :smile:
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    2 words

Push Ups.
  • knrob
    knrob Posts: 65
    Options
    yes, with a small set or just a few dumbells, check out the local library for workout DVDs, love the 30 day shred and most of the biggest loser ones.I started last spring with these, and managed to sneak in 20-30 min at a time...eventually i was able to replicate it in the gym, too. I have never been an at home workout type person, but its amazing how you can fit it in!
  • jessica091303
    jessica091303 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I started renting videos from my local library! Good luck!
  • Melissa_2305
    Melissa_2305 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm using Jillian Michael's DVD's and liveexercise.com. Especially the last one is really fun and up to date ;)
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv

I haven't tried many of their exercise programs, so I can't say if you'll need a lot of equipment. Defintely worth looking into!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    BodyRock!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I do all the workout at home, using bodyweight...just be creative :)
    I use my table, my stairs, my kitchen sink, and other cool stuffs :laugh:
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    I like how you got your excersie equipment. Good Ideas:smile:
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership, but don't like going. I have bought several inexpensive dvd's I use (currently doing JMichaels 30 DS) and walk in my neighborhood.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Whatever you decide to do, make sure you get a DVD that incorporates resistance or weight training where you can lift heavy (like burn out at 8-12 reps). Cardio is good for burning calories but not as good as burning fat and lets face it, most people would rather be skinnier than just a specific weight (although I know a lot of people swear by weight).

My favorites in this order: P90X2, P90X, Chalean Extreme, Hip Hop Abs.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Power Yoga DVD- $8 at Target
    Trainer Bob's DVDs- often on sale for $5

Body weight training. At home. :) All good stuff. Bob's Warrior Yoga is great!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    www.Bodyrock.tv

Zwow youtube channel (Zuzka Light)
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Youtube has alot of good workouts available for free
  • steff160
    steff160 Posts: 3
    Options
    All of Jillian Michael's DVD programs are awesome and several of them are only 30 minutes! I am currently in the middle of her Body Revolution 90 day program which is a progression of a bunch of high intensity 30 minute workouts and I have seen huge results! I own all of her DVDs and they are awesome! You can follow the "30 day" program or do what I do and mix them up.
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I use the Get Fit With Mel B on Kinect, go for brisk walks and try to go swimming whenever I can, which hasn't been alot but I'm working on it :laugh: You could do something as simple as put music on and dance for half an hour, climb up/down the stairs, get a cheap skipping rope, the possibilties are endless with a touch of imagination. Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I strictly workout at home, I have an elliptical, a treadmill and a stat.bike, I have tons of DVD's ranging from Jillian Michaels to Jari Love, also Jackie Warner, and many more, I have all diff sizes hand weights, a ball, took time to get all this but I really love being able to workout whenever I want in the privacy of my own home.