Too much water???

Options
Is it possible to drink too much water, to were you're adding water weight? I use to drink a 12 pack of diet coke a day or more, about 2 months ago I forced myself to drink water and leave the pop alone, now the water tastes good and pop tastes weird. Now I crave water throughout the day to were I'm drinking 120-160 oz on average.

Replies

• USMCConditioning
    Options
    i average 10-12 cups of water a day. that means i fill up my contigo water bottle 3 times every day.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You can probably dial that back a bit unless you enjoy spending a lot of time in the bathroom.

Drinking a lot of water will not add water weight, water weight is the result of water being retained due to sodium consumption or glycogen storage. Drinking more water is believed to help remove excess sodium from your body in fact there is a rare condition (hyponatremia) that has been observed in endurance athletes who have consumed far too much water resulting in dangerously (sometimes fatal) low electrolyte levels.
  • Minimooshable
    Options
    I drink too much water, way too much. I've read things about people consuming too much liquid and suffering, even dying, and I worry. I have maybe 7-12 litres a day, I just drink constantly!