Grilled cheeses

Options

Replies

• arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Shouldn't have opened thread, dang it!! Now I want some grilled cheese with tomato!! Dang it!
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    love grilled cheese! cheddar, bacon and tomato is the best! ---okay, now I am wanting to go home and make one.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I use wheat bread with 1 slice Kraft 2% American and 1 slice Kraft 2% Swiss inside. I spray the bread lightly with olive oil pam and sprinkle with grated parmesan. Then I brown on both sides in a skillet. YUM!
  • _Shelley_
    _Shelley_ Posts: 206
    Options
    love 'em fancy or traditional. I like to coat the outside with parm and then grill it. However, with the traditional I like mine burnt...I am odd.

I always burn mine on purpose, too!
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Oh dear lord I haven't had grilled cheese in AGES. so goood ... I loved the classic *wheat bread with a Kraft single..no butter no oil. I even experimented with Swiss cheese. Add tomatoes and its heaven
  • jfig600
    jfig600 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Butter , Cabot sharp cheddar , pepperoni on scali bread is great
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    brie, roasted apples, and rabbit sausage... nom nom nom
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Sourdough bread, colby jack cheese, roma tomatoes and bacon. My mouth is watering now.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I use mayo on the outside of my bread; delicious.

Any cheese I have available, which is usually sharp white cheddar.

Sometimes with tomato. Sometimes with pesto. Yum.
  • ski0721
    ski0721 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Having one for dinner tonight. Can't wait! American cheese, slice of turkey and tomato. Yum!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Any kind of meat really makes a grilled cheese sammy top notch! I prefer ham or bacon :smooched:
  • LeoQuin
    LeoQuin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nothing's more American than grilled cheese, but I'm Mexican so here we go.. Quesadilla style grilled cheese..

Healthy Life Bread (wheat or white - 35 calories)
    Queso Oaxaca (cut you're own slice - ?? calories)
    Sliced Onion
    Sliced Tomato

YUMMY

Serve with a avocado slice and enjoy that son of a fish!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I toast my bread... then when it's done, put some kraft cheese slices on it and stick it in the microwave for a few seconds.

I don't have time for the stove when I'm making grilled cheese! LOL

My mom used to do that for me ALL the time when I was a kid....
  • marinecorewife
    Options
    the grilled cheese sandwich full of fat...cheese is naughty when your trying to lose pounds but since you love your irish cheese I would say buy a whole grain bread lower in calories. white is a starch it literally turns to sugar in once digested and whole wheat is a starch as well just doesnt have bleach in it like white bread. if you choose whole grain bread your body will use every single grain for energy, its just completely benificial. use a butter that have olive oil in it. Butter is fat that that your eating that will remain fat once digested.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Add bacon.

OM NOM NOM!
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    I go with texas toast, and use a slice of colby jack and a slice of cheddar.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Extra sharp cheddah please.
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love how, for some people, it's not enough to just post how they like their grilled cheese. They have to assert their superiority in the same breath. I think it's hilarious that people will find any and every excuse to put on airs. Anyone else notice?
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    the grilled cheese sandwich full of fat...cheese is naughty when your trying to lose pounds but since you love your irish cheese I would say buy a whole grain bread lower in calories. white is a starch it literally turns to sugar in once digested and whole wheat is a starch as well just doesnt have bleach in it like white bread. if you choose whole grain bread your body will use every single grain for energy, its just completely benificial. use a butter that have olive oil in it. Butter is fat that that your eating that will remain fat once digested.

Oh HUSH! This is grilled cheese we're talking about, lol.

I like mine with olive oil (OR BUTTER), American cheese, and grilled mushrooms and onions.

Oh. Mah. God.....
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    American cheese, sprinkled with garic powder, with tomato or mushroom soup.