Yoga videos?

Options
I was looking for some yoga videos to do several times a week after the 30 day shred. Usually I feel like I could keep going after the shred is done (not to say it doesn't kick my butt!!) and I'm looking for something that will improve flexibility because I'm pretty sad in that department. I don't want to do Jillian's Yoga Meltdown because I'm looking for something a little less intense.

Would prefer videos available on DVD but if anyone knows of any online ones that'd be good too.

Thanks! :D

Replies

• riot91
    riot91 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what youre looking for but it might be worth a try! http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2011/12/moves-to-flat-yoga-abs-video I try and do this before I work out and after. Hope this helps!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    IMO, the one essential yoga DVD is Rodney Yee's AM Yoga for your week. It has five 20-minute practices (which really clock in at about 23 minutes). The five practices consist of 1) standing yoga, 2) twists, 3) backbends, 4) forward bends, and 5) hip openers. But, although the practices are rather gentle, with a slow to moderate pace, this is not a beginner DVD. I would only recommend it to someone who has some yoga experience and/or knows how to gauge her limits. For instance, I always need to modify cow face pose but Yee does not show a modification, which isn't a problem for me since I already know the modification but it could be for someone new to the practice. Another good DVD is Susan Grant's Perfect in 10 Yoga which consists of a 50-minute practice that is chaptered into five sections that can be done alone or together. Here again, the segments tend to go over the 10 minute allotment and consist of 1) Awaken and energize, 2) Tone and strengthen, 3) Back relief and flexibility, 4) De-stress, and 5) Guided relaxation. What I like about each of these DVDs is that they have short and effective practices that can be added on to a cardio or strength routine.

Good Luck!
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I fell in loooove with Kate Potter's Namaste Yoga series when it was on FitTV. The channel was cancelled, but i stored them on my dvr for yrs until i begged the dvds for a birthday gift. It is gentle but not boring. Great stress management! Kinda pricey, but I think there is a practice on the website to try so you'll know if it is what you are looking for.
  • looplooploop
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i use youtube. search 'tara stiles' and she has a bunch of routines from 7-15 minutes. I load a couple of my favourites and im set! sometimes after my cardio i just do one or two of her routines, other times i do like 6 of them
  • jaconrad
    jaconrad Posts: 1
    Options
    www.doyogawithme.com