Clothing...

Options
Obviously im overweight. Im 194#, at 5'4". I have a birthday party Saturday to attend... And I have nothing to wear. I have NO IDEA how to dress for my body.... My jeans are like a size 17, shirts, XL? I dont know.. Since ive ganed all this weight ive been living in hoodies.... I used to dress so cute!

My body:
I hate my arms, so they gotta be covered... I live in Alaska, so no short skirts yet! I carry ALOT of my weight around my belly... Like ALOT.

What kind of style is good for my body? Skinny jeans? With layer top? Baby doll dresses? A lines? I HAVE NO IDEA!

Heres Me:
34j877r.jpg
szwzuf.jpg
25ew61i.jpg

Replies

• iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    baby doll dresses with skinny jeans are cute! :)
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow you are really pretty! :)

How about a nice cami/tunic top with a cardigan and some skinny jeans and some rocking shoes? :) That is my go to outfit, but I'm not a skirt/dress girl.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I used to feel pretty now I just feel largely unattractive... Working on that thought. I cant do heels cause I broken the ankle 7 weeks ago... But Im gonna look around for skinny jeans and babydoll combo....
  • JustinaSwavolaWillis
    Options
    Hi :) I don't like skinny jeans for me personally (shaped similar to you)- I like the way boot cut jeans look with a fitted fun cotton tee- it offsets my lower half and accents the good parts lol... just a suggestion :)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    A cleavage enhancing top with boot cut jeans and some sparkly flats or sandals. I love red or jeweled shoes with a black top. Dramatic earrings to bring attention to your pretty face!
  • evakay1
    evakay1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My favorite go to is a plain top (lower cut), with a statement necklace, tailored black pants, a blazer and gorgeous flats and handbag :) The pants and blazer work together to balance each other out, the flats add height if they show the top of your foot (and lets face it, more height give the illusion of less width right!) and the necklace brings attention to um... the two important things.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above-skinny jeans, a cute chunky necklace, babydoll, or flowey top with heels, or wedges would be really cute!
  • BrittanieGo
    BrittanieGo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has skinny jeans, I am built similar to you as far as arms/belly go. The dreamer cut there is my fave, and I agree with something babydoll style for a top, I always try to NOT accentuate my rolls lol
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I think you can get away with skinny jeans + a cute baby-doll like blouse especially with a V-shaped neckline. Don't be afraid to show some little skin. By the way you're pretty.
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Do you like the big belts that wrap around your waist? I'm the same way, I carry a lot of weight in my lower stomach so I will wear flowy tops. But if I just wear that, they don't look that great. You can wear a belt to show off your waist, that way you don't look flat and you show your curves.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I look at your pictures and I see myself!! looks like we have the same body type except I'm much heavier. If you are comfortable with your thighs, rock those skinny jeans!! I am not...yet! Since you said you have more weight in your mid section, i would totally do layers. that's what I do all the time and it takes away from it (atleast I think so) plus I think it looks better.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I like to wear a fitted tank top under all my clothes (I tuck it into my pants and wear a longer shirt). I don't know if it actually does anything appearance-wise, but it makes me feel more secure in my clothes.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think skinny jeans would be the best choice, very tight gives the illusion of a bigger tummy IMO
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I would go for baby doll dresses with skinny jeans.. u would look soooo cute in it :)
  • Kittie_Kat
    Kittie_Kat Posts: 101
    Options
    I usually wear straight leg jeans, not skinny, with a shirt that's either ruched with flowy sleeves, but sorta fitted so I don't accentuate my tummy. For shoes, flats or small wedges and rockin accessories to tie it all together
  • Happyhealthybabe
    Options
    Babydoll top, skims past the tummy but not so much that it makes you look bigger, then get a nice pair of bootleg or flaired jeans (the are coming back) they will give the illiuson of slimmer legs, if you are are worried about your arms maybe opt for a top with 3/4 sleeves or a cute cardi. oh and wedges, wedge heels always make you look slimmer :) good luck xox just remember you are beautiful.
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A cleavage enhancing top with boot cut jeans and some sparkly flats or sandals. I love red or jeweled shoes with a black top. Dramatic earrings to bring attention to your pretty face!

I don't know a thing about fashion but this sounds pretty cool! (I might try it myself!)
  • cwe1229a
    cwe1229a Posts: 34
    Options
    babydoll tops and dresses, definately

torrid usually has some great outfit choices! their models help show how each thing would fit, they've got a variety in shape.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I agre with everyone here. Hey,, also..I have that pink mirror! you got it at wallmart, right?
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I would be careful of skinny jeans, I know some people are a big fan, but I'm a little more curvy on the bottom half and I actually like how boot-cut accent my shape better, I feel like skinny jeans can sometimes make my legs look shorter and stubbier than they really are, don't get me wrong with the right outfit I LOVE them! I would say a pair of jeans that you really like (whether skinny or boot-cut) and a top that accents your waistline (you have a really small waistline!), shows off a little cleavage, but is flowier on the the bottom half. Then a pair of cute flats or sandals depending on the weather! You're gorgeous by the way!