Long term success and exercise calories

Options

Replies

• Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? I joined November 2011, but didn't log on everyday and ended up deleting my account. I've been back for about two months- I've logged on every day accept for when our internet was down.

How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1100-1220 a day (occasionally I will have a 'cheat' day- but never exceed 1500 calories)

Do you eat your exercise calories? No
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 435 days
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1480
    Do you eat your exercise calories? darn right I do! all of them *LOL*

Height: 5' 7.25"
    Weight: 170
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 15 months, though I've had a couple of one-month breaks within that.
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1000-1200
    Do you eat your exercise calories? Yes
  • moongreentea
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 50 days...I keep losing and gaining the same 5 pounds!
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1300...just increased from 1200 2 weeks ago.
    Do you eat your exercise calories? Yes...but considering stopping this for more success...very interested in this post!
  • Primm
    Primm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I might be a spanner in the works here!

How long have you been on MFP? Using it consistently? 328 days.

How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1200

Do you eat your exercise calories? No
  • IslandDer
    IslandDer Posts: 27
    Options
    Been on MFP since mid-January - about 10 weeks now.

MFP assigned 1580 calories based on goal of 1lb per week.

I usually eat most of my exercise calories back and usually work out every day (cardio every day, strength 3 days/week). Usually end up about around 1800-2000 calories per day.

Lost about 4-5 lb before starting MFP with exercise only (3x per week) over about 3 months and no change in eating. Too slow! Since tracking calories have lost 1 lb per week average (but also bumped up exercise to daily cardio) and have dropped about 11 lb since mid-January.

I'm fairly committed to making this a lifestyle change, so I don't take "time-off." That said, I'm not militant and on special occasions I don't fall off the wagon, I get off the wagon. I try to make sure I have enough calories left for a glass of wine after dinner. I think of my calories as currency. Exercise earns me some extra "income" and while I enjoy "spending" it, I do try to spend wisely and not waste my calories on anything I don't really enjoy.

My motto: I exercise to support my eating habit ;-)
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tanyaleblanc
    Options
    When your eating back. Those calories, does it matter what your eating! Should I be eating certain things
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    Love his post. I always eat back my exercise calories. :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 447
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1590 currently, it has varied from 1400 (too little) to 1800+ (maintenance).
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    When your eating back. Those calories, does it matter what your eating! Should I be eating certain things

It depends what you are trying to acheive. If your only focus is to see a smaller number on the scales, eat anything you like just keep your cals in check.
    If you are aiming for long term health then I thn it does matter what you eat. While there are lots of different threories on what makes a healthy diet the common factors are usually a varied diet including lots of fruit and veggies, lean proteins, healthy fats, less processed carbs.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Start Weight Loss journey- May 2009 @ 560 lbs.

How long have you been on MFP? 169 days

Current weight: 255 lbs.

How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 2300 calories

How many calories a day do you eat With exercise calories? 3200 calories

I wear a Polar FT60 Heart rate monitor to track calories burned... I eat back 85-90% of my exercise calories leaving 10-15% for error in logging and/or calories burned.
  • skinnydemko
    skinnydemko Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How long on MFP 100 days

1500-1800 cal per day

No I don't eat them back.
  • moongreentea
    Options
    90 days now
    eat 1300 to 1400, up from 1200 (which wasn't working)
    eat most of my exercise calories on most days
    When I upped my calories, I started losing again :)
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    33 days
    6.4 pounds so far, I was at about 8 pounds loss but that didn't stick around long
    Depends what the exercise is... if I swim an hour I'll eat a lot more than if I use the treadmill for 45-hour
    I have 1620 alotted per day and I typically eat around 1400-1500
    Sometimes I do eat them back sometimes I don't
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP?
    Been on MFP for 12 months. Was on ww for 13 months 1st.

So I've been losing for 25 months now. (Since April 2010)
    31 kg lost. I'm 5 foot 2, 60 kg, 26.5% body fat and getting closer to goal now. Aiming to lose more body fat %. My next goal is to get to 25% body fat and then will reassess from there. I want to tone up my tummy area. The rest of my body i'm happy with.
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories?
    On days I dont exercise It depends on what my body needs or is asking for!

Anywhere between 1700-2000.
    Do you eat your exercise calories?
    Yes. I'm on a slight defecit. The scale is barely moving now yet I'm still losing body fat! On days I exercise I eat anywhere between 2000 - 2300. It just depends on the amount and intensity level. I try to net around 1700 but sometimes I net more than 1700.
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? For a little over a month

How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? Did 1200 for 3 weeks, then read some threads and NRLFW and got some sense kicked into me and bumped it up to 1750.

Do you eat your exercise calories? Most of the time. I exercise late in the day, and sometimes I'm on a roll and end up burning more than I had planned to (I use a HRM) and just can't ingest enough to catch up. I'm learning to plan more so that I do eat enough before my workouts.

Height: 5' 9 3/4"
    Weight: 154

Pounds lost: Since on MFP (so 1.5months) 6lbs. However, even better than that is that I lost 1.4%BF in that time frame.
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? Did 1200 for 3 weeks, then read some threads and NRLFW and got some sense kicked into me and bumped it up to 1750.

Good on you! :)
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? About 90 days
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 2500

My goals are set at 1.5 pounds a week and I am losing about 1.7. Lost 23 pounds so far. Loving life, I'm never hungry, and I have tons of energy.
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    How long have you been on MFP? 238
    How many calories a day do you eat without exercise calories? 1500
    Do you eat your exercise calories? If I'm hungry
    Peace! :flowerforyou: