Need lots of supporters.. I need encouragement

Options
Hi all i am 30 yrs old and just filed for divorce from my husband of less than 1 yr. I am in desperate need to lose 50lbs to feel better about myself and prove to myself that my life can be good without having a man putting me down all the time. I slack a little bit but if I have the encouragement and support that I need then I know I can do it. I need this for myself and for the past 7 yrs have thought of my spouse(s) more than myself and I think its time to do something good for myself for once.

Replies

• Mcruz2012
    Options
    I would love to support!! Same here looking to lose adleast 30lbs, you can add me=]
  • mainebabe
    mainebabe Posts: 32
    Options
    thank you so much! I will help you as well =) I wish you all the best
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am also in need of support/encouragement. I will add you as a friend! :)
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 30lbs. It's so hard. I lost 6lbs when starting this program, and then gained it all back as soon as i got a car and had lack of exercise. I am also an emotional eater, are you the same?
  • mzbatson
    mzbatson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!!

You are so young to have gone through so much! I would love to be supportive and motivating to you!!!! Keep your head up and don't let anyone steal your joy! Remember, you are beautiful NO matter what someone else thinks or says! Unhappy people love to bring others down! Stay positive and put yourself first. You have to love yourself before anyone else can love you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Alexc2012
    Alexc2012 Posts: 20
    Options
    Congratulations on doing this for yourself. Do what makes you happy .... Always remember that you are your number one priority. Good luck!!!
  • mainebabe
    Options
    Thanks and I will be here for support and encouragment for you ;)
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    we all need support from people who know what we are going through. no man should ever make u feel like u dont deserve to be happy. i need to lose 89 more pound to meet my goal weight. i think if we all just keep supporting eachother then we all can meet our personal goals.
  • SaphFire77
    Options
    ;:-)You can add me also!!! you go girl.. you can do it...
  • debwallace
    Options
    you can do it!!!. you need to do it for yourself and not a man
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I've got another 45 to go, add me if you like....we all have bumps in the road!
  • lilstacyb1989
    Options
    I am right there with you. Recently seperated and looking to shed about 20 to 30 lbs. It's all about us now girl so you can do it!!!
  • carameldelightonly1
    carameldelightonly1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can add me also.....I have definitely come a long way...lost a total of 29lbs....20lbs while on here...In 2007 I was almost at 200lbs...I can say it has not been easy...but I was at risk for diabetes & a stroke...so don't give up...stay strong...be fit because you want to do it for you and no one else...our body is our temple and no one but us can take care of it. :-)
  • meli915
    meli915 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new too - you can add me! We can encourage each other
  • acking30
    acking30 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here too! My goal is to lose 20 lbs. What types of things are you doing to lose the weight? Any specific programs? I have just recently started 90 day Body By Vi challenge and Holy Moly! I love it! It's a nutritional program in which you replace 1 or 2 meals a day with....there are TONS of options you can use with your shakes. I wasn't really sure it was for me, but I can HONESTLY say I wake up excited for my shake! I replace 2 meals.... My absolute fav is the Butterfinger shake! I am also really starting to workout and be active alot more! So I have found doing the Body By Vi and using myfitnesspal together really helps me log everything. I have also joined a few different groups that meet throughout the week to all do workouts together. They have groups like this EVERYWHERE. Have you heard of Meetup.com ? check it out, it's a great way to meet other people and workout together, and keep you motivated. I've joined walking groups, hiking groups, and a fitness group that is doing alot of Beachbody workouts. You just need to keep your chin up and stay focused! You can do this! looks like you have lots of supporters!

Amanda
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Good for you - I think we are more successful when we do it to please ourselves rather than someone else. I'm divorced as well so I understand how difficult that is. There are so many supportive people on this site - this community is amazing. Just hang in there and you'll hit your goal! Good luck and I'll send you a friend request. :smile:
  • britt_2007_89
    britt_2007_89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on here as well. I am very happy with this website and how it can help me track every single thing. I kept a food diary about 6 years ago and would run everyday. The outcome of all that was losing 75lbs. However, I was in an abusive relationship and being the emotional eater that I am, I gained it all back plus about 30 lbs. I need to lose about 100lbs. I have lost about 8 lbs in two weeks. I would love any support or any friend on here to give me encouragement. Plus I like to be a positive influence on others as well. Being positive brings about a lot of good outcomes in life, I have learned. Well, I am here for you and anyone else that would like a fitness buddy. Thanks!
  • mainebabe
    Options
    Hello!!!!

You are so young to have gone through so much! I would love to be supportive and motivating to you!!!! Keep your head up and don't let anyone steal your joy! Remember, you are beautiful NO matter what someone else thinks or says! Unhappy people love to bring others down! Stay positive and put yourself first. You have to love yourself before anyone else can love you!!!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much. Yeah this is my second divorce and i thought it would last but he had other plans. BUT I am slowly trying to go on with my life and better myself. Thank you so much for the kind words and encuragement. I appreciate it alot
  • mainebabe
    Options
    Well tomorrow I am going to start excersing like crunches, pushups and walking. I have to wait until the 12th to get any of my health food. I am so pleased to see so many supporters and people I can support as well. God bless you all!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have 45 lbs to go. I just need to focused! Good luck on your journey!