No weight lost in 8 days:(

Options
I have been on MFP for 36 days now and I lost 10 lbs in the first 28! I was so happy, but now I am discouraged. I haven't lost anything in 8 days. According to my food and fitness I should have lost at least 3. Anyone have any suggestions to jump start my weight loss again??

Replies

• robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would change up your routine a bit. Lots of great posts on here about plateaus.
  • s1lence
    s1lence Posts: 493
    Options
    Up your exercise or change the amount of food you eat (I have no idea or suggestion on if it's up or down). Shock your system a little bit with those kinds of changes.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you are strength training the scale will slow down but the inches will come off. I don't know if this is the case with you, but just fyi.
  • lafresita
    lafresita Posts: 27
    Options
    Plateau's are common, as others have mentioned here it doesn't mean that your body isn't still working to lose weight. This happened to me a month ago, 2 weeks with no changes in the scales, then all of a sudden I dropped a significant amount in two days.

If it is really upsetting and you don't want to wait it out, try completely changing your exercise routine for 1 week... but don't stress, it is completely normal. Perhaps google 'how to overcome a diet plateau'. Good luck
  • ltupola
    ltupola Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Make sure you measure inches....around your waist, hips, arms, legs and neck. Measure every two weeks, you could be losing fat but gaining muscle, so don't give up, you may have a week where you lose 10 lbs after not losing anything for 2 weeks. So keep up with workouts and counting calories!! Good luck, hope that helps.
  • amibeachcomber
    Options
    Do you keep track of your measurements? You may be seeing the difference in inches lost this week.
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I agree with a few others. Measurements are the key. You won't always see the scale budge... but the measurements will tell the story. :)
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    8 days is NOTHING!!! try 4 months!
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    My longest plateau was 3 months. Just relax. It's part of the process. (And I know that's easier said than done!!)
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    keep at it, I held steady for the better part of a month before suddenly dropping 2 lbs in a week out of the blue. The body is weird... just going to have to give it time and it will sort it out.
  • kassied09
    kassied09 Posts: 397
    Options
    8 days is NOTHING!!! try 4 months!
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have been hovering around the same 2 lbs on and off for the past 2 months. I have measured myself though and have seen a decrease there, so that makes me happy :) Don't rely on the scale.