Who else uses their Wii as their own home gym ?

13»

Replies

• laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    I have wii fit plus and I'm half way through ea active 30 day challenge right now. I also have the biggest loser challenge but I find it is really rough on my knees. Any one else find that?
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    I use mine for My Fitness Coach and Zumba.

My Fitness Coach is awesome, it's basically an ever-changing workout video, and by far the most-ued game on my wii :)
  • I use the Wii for most of my workouts! I usually start with the Just Dance warm up routine, then do some of the dances on Just Dance. I usually do Just Dance for about half an hour. After that, I usually do an EA Active Sports work out that I customized for myself. I have fibromyalgia and it's really great to be able to customize my workouts so that on days when I'm having a fibro flare up, I can do a lighter workout., I also use Dance Dance Revolution, Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, Black Eyed Peas Experience, Boogie and Samba de Amigo for workouts. This way I never get bored with my workouts. I also have Zumba DVD workouts, but I plan on getting the Zumba for Wii also!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Kristiale0072
    Kristiale0072 Posts: 4 Member
    i use it a few times a week. I have wii fit plus and jillian michaels fitness ultimatum.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    IMHO, I have zumba 1 && 2.

I get more of a workout with 1 then 2
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    I use the Wii and love the Zumba 2 but get frustrated that the belt doesn't track my moves. However even the basic calories burnt (i.e. poor technique which is assumes if it can't track you), is good. About 30 mins I burn estimated 500 calories depe ding on the routines.

I also have:
    Wii fit
    Wii Sports Resort

Want to get Just dance as well.
  • Gill_L
    Gill_L Posts: 69
    I have Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus and Wii sports. Plus is the one I love the most as it has more variation. I like to start off with the yoga then go on to the faster stuff. I have a dance one ordered today and am looking forward to that arriving. I would like zumba when I'm a bit more flexible. Didn't know Jillian Michaels had one for the Wii I will have a look into that :) Also thank you for the info on My Fitness Coach.
  • jlynwhet
    jlynwhet Posts: 38 Member
    I do mainly because when I get home from work I'm too tired to go out somewhere to a gym when its a drive to get there. I plan to get the Zumba for it. Zumba looks like fun and exercise. I would be glad to join a group if one is created.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    I use my Wii especially on days I dont go to the gym. I have:

Wii Fit Plus with the Balance Board
    Wii Sports
    Wii Sports Resort
    Just Dance 2
    Just Dance 3
    Zumba
    EA Active 2
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Have
    EA Sports Active 2
    Wii Fit Plus W/BB
    NFL Training Camp
    Walk It Out
    Wii Sports
    If you make a group I would love to join.
  • shibainugal
    shibainugal Posts: 46 Member
    I just did 45 minutes of Wii Zumba. Thanks for this thread - it motivated me to actually use my Wii for games again. :wink:
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    I have a wii, but not wii fit or balance board. I have been wondering what the good wii workout games are. I heard good things about zumba 2, but not zumba 1. I was also wondering if the biggest loser games are good. And is the wii fit and board worth it. I want a workout that is more fun!
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    I love my Wii...it's the only thing that I've tried that I have really stuck with. I have EA Active 2, Wii Fit Plus and Zumba 2.
  • mangobadango
    mangobadango Posts: 294 Member
    I have a wii, but not wii fit or balance board. I have been wondering what the good wii workout games are. I heard good things about zumba 2, but not zumba 1. I was also wondering if the biggest loser games are good. And is the wii fit and board worth it. I want a workout that is more fun!

The Wii Fit Plus and board are worth it in my opinion. I love the fact that it tracks my progress, tells me how many calories I am burning, and has a points system that I can us to compete with hubby. We haven't been using it a lot in the past couple of weeks but I'm sure I will pick it up again.

I haven't tried the Biggest Loser games but just started Zumba 2. It is a great workout. I love using the class to get a good 45 minute workout in.
  • AlissonLo
    AlissonLo Posts: 18 Member
    I have:

Zumba 2
    Just Dance 1, 2 and 3
    Just Dance Summer Party
    Michael Jackson The Experience
    Black Eyed Peas Experience

Love them all!!
  • shibainugal
    Do you need any special board for the Just Dance games?
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    You don't need the board for the Zumba or Just Dance games. For the Zumba one you do need the belt (mine came with the game, so just make sure when you buy it comes with the belt if you don't have one) On Gamestop you can buy the game with or without it. I haven't tried Just Dance yet but I will let you know.
  • shibainugal
    Yep, I have the first Zumba game and belt. May get Zumba 2 and some of the Just Dance games too sometime soon.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    bump