Do you have a physical piece of motivation?

Options

Replies

• guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    I have a bunch of pre pregnancy clothes that I wore when I was in high school. I wore them also after my first child when I lost the baby weight. Since after my baby in 09 i have been at 190 for like ever!

So yeah, my old hottie tottie clothes

And then I have a picture of my skinny old self on my mirror when I used to dance. *sigh*
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Who has something physical like a piece of clothing, not just a date in the future or something but an actual bikini, dress, pair of pants etc that you can keep trying on and see the progress?
    What is yours? Doesn't have to be clothes though! Just looking for some ideas here

A good friend from Singapore sent me a very traditional Chinese New Year outfit with my chinese symbol of the tiger hand-embroidered.

I can almost fit in the pants.. but the top is 90% perfect... just need to lose a little more in the arms...

That is my go-to goal outfit!
  • DieselGrrl
    Options
    This is kind of silly, but when I run in early in the mornings and the street lights are still on, I chase after my "skinny" shadow. For some reason, seeing a longer, leaner version of myself helps get me through a long run. :)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    all my cute clothes that no longer fit the way they used to.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    The dress I wore 13yrs ago the weekend I met my husband :-)
  • Joy36
    Joy36 Posts: 10
    Options
    I have not thought of this before but had to say, thank you for the idea. I like that I would have a dress or a shirt I want to fit in instead of obsessing over the scale.

Right now, I would just like to run in the yard with my five-year-old without feeling like a need a defibrillator.
    Good luck!
  • Carolk145
    Carolk145 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Unlike some I can't just put up a pair of pants or bikini for motivation, it just sets me back.
    A picture...can't find one of me (full length) that I've ever liked!
    But I do have something I'm trying now. My Dad passed away a couple of years ago from his 5th and final heart attack. I immediately went to the doctor to see if I had a healthy heart, being overweight (35# over) and short I worried! I'm good!
    So to honor him and remind me of why I should get healthier I ordered the Heart Hero bracelet from Woman's Day. It's $5 for two and right now they are donating a portion to United Health (I think, not sure on the exact name)

I wear it everyday and when I look at it I get up and walk around my office or sway standing up at my desk...bascially anything I can do to just move. It's cute and they give you two, one for you and one for a friend!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    a skirt that i used to wear all the time (that is currently 4 sizes too small) and a top i've worn once pre baby (he is 4::ohwell: )
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    A Halloween Costume!
    Its a tiger stripe leggings and orange top, with tiger ears and tail. I also have the fingerless lace gloves to shop off black claws.
    I won a costume contest at Jazzercise with this outfit a few years ago and look forward to strutting it again.
  • nicoleeliza4
    Options
    Wow love all of these! Really liked the shadow and bracelet ones, great ideas!
    Sounds like everyone's on their way to staying motivated and making a permanent lifestyle change! Keep it up!
    As for me I'm on the lookout for that perfect dress to wear to the wedding this summer and a pair of short shorts for the road trip pics on the pit stops on the way there.
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I miss all my cute clothes and my heels. I've never worn a bikini and think it would be awesome if I could although I'm going to have to get a tan cause I have lots o mommy stretch marks from my four kidos. lol
  • rrhennen
    rrhennen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything out now, but now that you mention it, I think it's time for the bikini to break out. It will be the one that I wore almost 8 yrs ago after my wedding, and it was the first time in public that i ever wore a bikini. I've actually been even smaller since then, and post baby, but not so much lately! The visual has worked before, maybe it's what it needed now!
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I want a 26 inch waist, I cut a piece of red ribbon to that length and every now and then I wrap it around my stomach...when the ends meet I'll know I'm there
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Very specifically, this shirt. And if it takes me a year of working hard to fit back into this shirt, it'll be worth it.
    (the back is heavily embroidered, and as someone who loves to embroider and admires a good piece, I WILL fit back into it)
    IMG_4711.jpg
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of black jeans I last wore in 2007. OMG, it hurts to even write that. They are hanging on a hook in my closet where I can see them every day. I'm getting close...
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have the cutest vintage sleeveless leopard print dress that I found at a thrift store. I bought it though I couldn't fit it hoping to one day. I want my arms to look good while wearing it too.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow... I never thought of it like this before but I did have a pair of jeans my mum got me that I was given as a gift about 2 years ago. I couldn't even get them past my thighs... anyway, she said she'd return it for 'a larger size' and something in me just felt sickened by that... this is a gift from my mother and I'm going to wear them!!

It took me about a year and a half to get motivated and then 6 months with MFP's help and I can happily say they are now LOOSE on me!! I've went to the point and beyond of what I needed to do to get there.

I now keep them around as a pleasant reminder of where I was, where I am and where I'm gonna be.
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    My tape measurement. When it starts going down around my waist, that'll be the happiest day ever!! :flowerforyou:
  • nicoleeliza4
    Options
    has anyone used a belt as that piece? Just found one I bought super cheap boxing day and it only goes to the first hole. I'm thinking this couldbe really good in seeing that progress
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    as part of my journey I was asked? "WHAT IS YOUR WHY?" and make a visual out of it. SO I made a poster out of all the reason I really WANT to be fit and healthy..