Greek Yogurt

Options

Replies

• Funshinerika
    Options
    I love chobani vanilla mixed with a pouch of emerald breakfast on the go... maple and brown sugar with oatmeal or chocolate cherry... YUMMY! It adds the perfect amount of crunch and sweetness, plus fruit! :)
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am eating my Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt right now. It took me trying it a couple of times to actually like the tartness and flavor- but now its a great breakfast!
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    It's all delicious, but this one in particular:

chobani_6oz_appcinna_n.png

Oh man, that's my favorite too!

I have this one in my fridge! I have been a little afraid to try it- as in the past yogurt with apple type flavors tasted super artificial.
  • controllingstatic
    Options
    Love love love greek yogurt!

FYI, Ben & Jerry's makes frozen greek yogurt now :) It was amazing.
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I Love the 0% Fage (and I am really surprised I do) I add 1 teas of Honey to 1/3 or 1/2 cup. Yum!
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I agree!!!! I also add it to my protein Shake!!!!
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love it greek style! Yogurt that is :)
  • FairybugVal
    Options
    I use Greek Gods plain full-fat yogurt and add my own fruit. I love the Greek style... it lacks the bitter tang that the "normal" yogurt has, so I don't feel like I need to add honey or agave to it at all.
  • mfaine
    mfaine Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt! I have been buying plain and adding french vanilla stevia drops. Delish.

jreed1920, Where do you get the flavored stevia?
  • Roseisrose3111
    Options
    New here and so glad to see so many people recommending Chobani- It's my favorite because it's not as sweet as other yogurts.
  • JustCallMeJaz
    JustCallMeJaz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    At the suggestion of my friends, I have started eating greek yogurt, instead of the typical Yoplait. But I still dont understand the craze? Is there added health benefits eating greek vs standard? I eat fat free yogurt whether greek or not. and other than a boatload of protein (which I try not to go overboard with due to trying to have a balanced diet) I see no difference. It doesnt cut down in sugar... can someone help me out.

I usually eat Yoplait fat free yogurts, but they have become too sweet for me, and I am trying to cut back on sugar. I have started eating Dannon Oikos fat free greek yogurts. Any suggestions on a great tasting, not too sweet, yogurt?
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Fage with a spoonful of honey stirred in, and if I can get them, fresh figs. Yum.

I like honey, sugar is not the enemy.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I use Greek Gods plain full-fat yogurt and add my own fruit. I love the Greek style... it lacks the bitter tang that the "normal" yogurt has, so I don't feel like I need to add honey or agave to it at all.

Greek Gods here too. I add honey and walnuts when eating it as a snack, but I use it as a sub for sour cream on tacos, mix it with vinegar for salad dressing and put it on anything else I can think of. I do the full fat version, but usually 1Tbsp. per serving (or 1/4 cup as a snack).
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yoghurt. Don't have Chobani here but I have Total (the 0% one) every day. It's AWESOME.

Where is here? If it's Canada, its here now! They were giving away free tubs at the Auto show in February.

I hate the fact that GY is 4x the price of regular and if you buy non-plain the carbs far outweigh any protein benefit and if you buy plain, you'll need to add your own fruit otherwise it's like eating sour cream, eww!
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i love greek yogurt! i started off using the plain instead of sour cream in recipes and on tacos and now i like it with a drizzle of honey and some fresh berries... mmmm.... think thats breakfast for me!!! :bigsmile:
    by the way, chobani pineapple or lemon are the bomb!!!
  • Devinec67
    Devinec67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree it is great, I use it in smoothies with fiber powder and fresh fruit.
  • Mistakenly
    Options
    I buy the plain fat free Oikos in the big tub, and mix in fresh chopped up strawberries and honey to sweeten it. :) Now I can't go back to eating the pre-flavored ones! You guys should try it, I feel like it's much better/less processed that way.
  • bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    I love it too! My favorite is the Chobani Strawberry Banana!
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    The other day I found a website.....www.undressedskeleton.com

She actually takes ff Greek yogurt and adds a pack of sugar free jell-o powder to it and then freezes it.

GOTTA try this!!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    It's all delicious, but this one in particular:

chobani_6oz_appcinna_n.png

Apple cinnamon.....omg I haven't found this one yet!!!!! I'm jealous.