5'7 girl From 154-133 lb made a HUGE difference! (w Pics)

Options

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great. Congratulations on your loss. :drinker:
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    You look great! Amazing job!!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great work!
  • sbrBirdy
    sbrBirdy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What a great job!

I also think you look perfect at 133. I don't think it's a *problem* if you did want to lose more, but I agree with the others in terms of making sure your are working to be healthy, not just to hit a number on the scale. I've seen many women who got smaller doing strength training, but their weight stayed the same or even increased and they built muscle and lost fat.

There is a year between the before and after photos - Did you spend the entire year dieting/exercising?

I am 5'7" too, and went from 150 to 135 pretty quick (3 months) through pretty severe calorie restriction, but gained it back over the next 5 months, so I'm looking for a better (a more permanent solution) this time around.

Thanks so much for posting!! You are an inspiration. :happy:
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look so great! Doesn't look like you have too much more fat to lose anyway! Maybe switch focus to fitness and maintenance? You are pretty much what I am aiming to look like :)
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look great, forget the scale at this point and work on strength and endurance. I always like the healthy slim strong bodies more than the super skinny ones. You already have heathy and slim and poss also strong. Congrats!,
  • fortunerose
    Options
    You look great !
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Just beautiful! You look amazing! Congrats! :)
  • BeeZoe
    BeeZoe Posts: 37
    Options
    Your body is probably refusing to lose more because it's very happy where it's at! You look fantastic and to go any smaller, well frankly, you'd look like a stick instead of a woman! Don't take that wrong :) but I am so sick of women being shown and told they can't have an ounce of healthy body fat in order to be beautiful, so wrong.
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Thanks! I do elliptical for 45 mins, and lift weight for 5 mins, stretch and sit ups 10 mins. I do this twice a week.
    And other days I walk for 2-3 hours twice a week~

You look great, nice job on the weight lose.

What do you do for exercise? (cardio,weights, etc)
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    aw thank you! <3

Not an entire year, it was up and downs -- I went from 154, May 2011 to 130 lbs in October, also by reducing A LOT of calories. But during holidays I gained about 8-10 lbs back! I was very frustrated and almost gave up. But I got back on my diet plans and increased my exercise, and now I'm 133 for almost 3-4 months. So now I know I can stay at this weight as long as I do my routine and don't go crazy on the sweets ;)

Good luck hun, you can do it!

You look amazing! What a great job!

I also think you look perfect at 133. I don't think it's a *problem* if you did want to lose more, but I agree with the others in terms of making sure your are working to be healthy, not just to hit a number on the scale. I've seen many women who got smaller doing strength training, but their weight stayed the same or even increased and they built muscle and lost fat.

There is a year between the before and after photos - Did you spend the entire year dieting/exercising?

I am 5'7" too, and went from 150 to 135 pretty quick (3 months) through pretty severe calorie restriction, but gained it back over the next 5 months, so I'm looking for a better (a more permanent solution) this time around.

Thanks so much for posting!! You are an inspiration. :happy:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Thank you! <3
    I didn't know about bod pod or calipers before...where can I get a test?
    1) You look fantastic- absolutely fantastic!
    2) Maybe you don't have any more to lose?! I would try to get a Bod pod test if you can to check your body fat percentage (or even calipers if you haven't done that). Only way to know where you are at is to for sure know your number!

Congratulations!!!

Claire, I actually have a caliper, I can bring it to you when I see ya. :D
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!! As far as the plateau, I had the same problem last year where I lost 30lb or so and couldn't get past 230 range. I ended up putting back on 20lbs in about 6 months. now I have lost the weight I put back on and more by adding in more weight training, adding muscle will help burn more fat. even if you don't loose much more you will have a more tone look. Keep up the good work you have been doing, you look great :)
  • Skinnieminnie128
    Skinnieminnie128 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congratulations...your story is inspiring:-) Keep it up!
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Yah thanks Jen! :D
    Thank you! <3
    I didn't know about bod pod or calipers before...where can I get a test?
    1) You look fantastic- absolutely fantastic!
    2) Maybe you don't have any more to lose?! I would try to get a Bod pod test if you can to check your body fat percentage (or even calipers if you haven't done that). Only way to know where you are at is to for sure know your number!

Congratulations!!!

Claire, I actually have a caliper, I can bring it to you when I see ya. :D
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options
    GREAT WORK! Youre the same height as me so very inspiring to see!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You're about the same stats as me, thanks for posting! To break your plateau and help you hit your make i'd suggest trying to up your calories a bit and look into strength training, there are some amazing threds that show how it can really help you finish slimming down. Congratulations!
  • MelissaW1978
    MelissaW1978 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'7. At my heaviest about 1.5 years ago, I was 157. Today I'm 135. 20 pounds does make a great difference. You look amazing! I feel like I have plateaued too. I guess our bodies don't want us to go much smaller than this. I would love to see how 130 looks on me so I guess I'll keep it up a little bit longer. congrats! Your pics look amazing.
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    I'm also 5'7. At my heaviest about 1.5 years ago, I was 157. Today I'm 135. 20 pounds does make a great difference. You look amazing! I feel like I have plateaued too. I guess our bodies don't want us to go much smaller than this. I would love to see how 130 looks on me so I guess I'll keep it up a little bit longer. congrats! Your pics look amazing.

Thank you <3, we are so similar! Good luck on your journey, so close already! :)
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    You look great!! I am 5'6" and currently around your SW, and that is about my UGW, so it's very motivating. Thanks for posting :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!