Do you ever go to the gym and just stand around ?

Options
Newbie got screamed at in class today; she came late, just stood there & instructor got really angry. If that had been me I would have DIED.

Replies

• 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I work behind the front desk. When I am on the other side, I work out. That said, the instructor should have never screamed like that. It can be very intimidating the first time you come to a class. She should have been on time or early if it was her first time, but that reaction was uncalled for.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yep....waiting for the turd doing curls on the squat rack to get done so I can begin my squats.
  • krocksa
    krocksa Posts: 32
    Options
    Well, playing devil's advocate, perhaps the newbie was pretty scared and didn't know what to do when she walked in late. Like a deer in headlights. the instructor should've WELCOMED her into the class and told her where she could go and what they were doing and/or tag team with another member to catch up. To yell at her was ridiculous and cruel, especially if she was new. INSTRUCTING her would've been more appropriate, and perhaps a gentle reminder of class time. She'll probably never come back and that could've really hurt her attempt at becoming a healthier person. Sure would not have encouraged me to embark on a new and difficult journey. The instructors are supposed to be there to support your journey, not derail it. it'd be different if she were a repeat offender, but even then you call her out after calss, not during in front of everyone.