Raspberry Ketone

Options
2»

Replies

• Kathleen_Presnell
    Kathleen_Presnell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying them to add to diet and exercise. I've lost 20 and need to lose a lot more and I'm only taking a multi vitamin. My health is great and not to say this will fix me but is there evidence that it works? If so, I'm thinking of finding them locally or online. I found them online for 12.99 at this link.

http://www.puritan.com/​raspberry-ketones-1081/​raspberry-ketones-razberi-k​-074336?cm_sp=topnav-_-hom​epage-_-PP_Logo&cm_re=-_-T​opNav-_-PP_Logo#

Anyone else know of anyone that has tried them? I hate to waste money on some quack idea.

Thanks,
    Kahtleen
  • melissalynn87
    Options
    I wasn't taking them for a quick fix - I eat healthy & exercise daily, just wanted them as a 'helper' so to speak
  • Kathleen_Presnell
    Kathleen_Presnell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I found them at CVS only one bottle on the shelf. I purchased two bottles from two different stores. So only two months worth. If it helps then great...if not I only spent $20 for the two bottles. 125 grams each 2 times a day I will post if I see anything or feel different. FYI found them in the diet area. I had to ask staff to find them.

Kathleen
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    One more snake oil thread... (sigh).
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    why does everyone want a quick fix? haven't we all learned by now that quick fixes are not lasting, whether they 'work' or not??? why not just go with eating right and exercising?

People are allowed to do what ever they want theres always one!!! Shushhhh :P
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    I have been on them for 3 weeks....i see changes in my body. The bad part is i raised my calories and had tom so I only lost 3 lbs in 3 weeks. I only got them because they had green tea in them and i needed more green tea so i thought i would try it. I might do another month and leave my calories where they are and see what happens.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I ordered these about 3 months ago and haven't noticed a damn thing. :ohwell:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    A drugstore in my area has been adverising this. I didn't know what they were for.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    First of all, this will not be listed on the label, but if you do some research on the web, you will find that there are warnings not to take this if you are on Antidepressants, Asthma, Diabetes, CVD, or anxiety meds. The reason for this is that it raises your Norepinephrine and your adiponectin levels in the body.

According to an article at http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Diet/raspberry-ketones-frenzy/story?id=16074044&page=2, "The compound from the red raspberry (Rubus ideaus) stimulates the release of norepinephrine, a powerful brain-signaling hormone, which in turn causes fat cells to break down. The breakdown of fat cells produces fatty acids that the liver then converts into ketones. Because the release of norepinephrine is associated with increased heart rate and blood pressure, some of the more than 1,400 comments posted on the Dr. Oz show website included questions about whether the supplement might pose any risks for people with underlying cardiac conditions. "

In a nutshell, there is no true human research to validate whether or not this is safe and effective long-term. I would prefer to lose my weight the old-fashioned way burning fat through exercise and a calorie defecit. I am proof that with patience, hard work, and dedication it can happen. There really is no magic pill to make it all just "melt away'".
  • ladyofthelatte
    Options
    ygsw.jpg

HA LOVE IT~!