Has anyone tried Jackie Warner's new diet 10 lbs in 10 days?

Options
I bought her book "This is why your fat" and I liked it a lot but then while I was at the library I saw another book by her called "10 lbs in 10 days". I guess it's a new release. Well I read both of them and was wondering what others thought about her diets and her workouts?

Replies

• Perpalicious
    Options
    I bought her book "This is why your fat" and I liked it a lot but then while I was at the library I saw another book by her called "10 lbs in 10 days". I guess it's a new release. Well I read both of them and was wondering what others thought about her diets and her workouts?

Don't buy it and don't read it. I can almost promise that those 10lbs she promises in 10 days will be from water and various other sources, not fat.

Be realistic. Dieting isn't something that happens overnight, unfortunately.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options

Don't buy it and don't read it. I can almost promise that those 10lbs she promises in 10 days will be from water and various other sources, not fat.

Yeah you're right it doesn't happen overnight and if it does happen overnight, we will regain so easily probably the week after so-called "diet". It is unfortunate. I wish there was an easier and quicker way though. I think people become impatient. What took years to accumulate they want to lose in a week!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Desperation leads to acceptance of pseudoscience. A pound of FAT a day is use of 3500 calories over what you are doing now. If you burn 350 calories an hour, that would 10 hours of exercise. Now do that for 10 days, while staying PERFECT with your nutrition, rest, and daily activities.
    Don't buy into anecdotes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Perpalicious
    Options

Yeah you're right it doesn't happen overnight and if it does happen overnight, we will regain so easily probably the week after so-called "diet". It is unfortunate. I wish there was an easier and quicker way though. I think people become impatient. What took years to accumulate they want to lose in a week!

It's the same reason as why people think Keto is a superior diet. That initial loss in water is what gets people excited. False hope, if you ask me. And that last part is all too true. You didn't gain 10lbs in 10 days, so don't expect to lose it in 10.
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Desperation leads to acceptance of pseudoscience. A pound of FAT a day is use of 3500 calories over what you are doing now. If you burn 350 calories an hour, that would 10 hours of exercise. Now do that for 10 days, while staying PERFECT with your nutrition, rest, and daily activities.

IDEA Fitness member

Are you suggesting that someone can lose 10lbs of fat in a week?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

YES....................................with lipo.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IDEA Fitness member
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Well I did! It's called the Shock and Trauma diet (after a sudden divorce). I just lost my appetite, couldn't eat or sleep, stopped eating for a month or two, maybe longer. All I remember having is weetbix and bananas, no protein. Caused gallbladder stones, very painful, and later had op to remove gallstones.
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Jackie Warner. I will never understand how/why people that are so well versed in fitness can be so dumb. I was watching her old show "Work Out" on Netflix the other day. Had to turn it off when she told her client not to feel bad about gaining 2 lbs "because it's all muscle you're building right now." No... no it's not. Her muscles holding water? Sure. 2 lbs of muscle in a week? No...
  • cheria55
    cheria55 Posts: 26
    Options
    There is so much information out there and the more I read the more confused I am about what on how much I should be eating. Now I realize I wouldn't lose 10 lbs. of fat in 10 days and the book never says you will. It's a 30 day jump start diet plan and I was just wondering if anyone has read it or any other of her books and what they thought about the weight lifting and exercises.
  • BrayneZ
    BrayneZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    But, I don't WANT a 35,000 calorie deficit in 10 days :(
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    There is so much information out there and the more I read the more confused I am about what on how much I should be eating. Now I realize I wouldn't lose 10 lbs. of fat in 10 days and the book never says you will. It's a 30 day jump start diet plan and I was just wondering if anyone has read it or any other of her books and what they thought about the weight lifting and exercises.
    You body doesn't need a jump start. It responds to stimuli and if that stumuli is reduced calories, it will respond by losing water and some fat and muscle.

IDEA Fitness member
  • p_nutprincess
    p_nutprincess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i'm on the diet right now, and if you have read through the book, you know that it's a 3 step plan that leads to maintenance goals. The first 10 days are what gets the weight loss going, then the second 10 days starts to change your body chemistry as you get used to good foods, then the 3rd ten days seals the deal, and you should have a good understanding of super foods. I've been on it for 3 days and have lost 3 pounds, so I'd say it's successful so far. I was at a plateau, so I gave it a try.

What's wrong with "false hope"? Women want results yesterday when it comes to fat loss, and we are motivated by visual results. Seeing that number on the scale go down makes me want to continue to only put good foods in my mouth, and keeps me from eating those left over peanut butter eggs from Easter. After all, for me, bikini season is about a week away, so that's motivation enough for me to stick to it, now and after the program is over.

I say try everyything, and do whatever gives you results, as long as you are still getting the essential nutrients you need.

I think Jackie is great, and if you don't think so, then get off your pedestal and try one of her workouts.
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I really think that crash diets are a bad idea, once you are done with the diet you will gain weight and probably mess up your metabolism. Not to mention you probably won't be losing anything but muscle and time.
  • cheria55
    cheria55 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you for responding. Your the only one that commented that actually read the book. Everyone else had criticisms from the title alone lol. I love to hear from everyone but geez how do you comment on something you know nothing about. I was asking if anyone who READ the book had some comments about the diet and exercise plan.
  • Shev2012
    Shev2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello p_nutprincess - Thank you for giving your perspective! I have read the book too and started on the diet and it is working! I have spent the last 7 years on and off fitness/nutrition programs - 1200 calories and then a 400 - 900 calorie burn workout for 4-5 times per week - but I always hit a plateau. This causes me to stop completely and then I regain the weight back - because I am mad and eat ALL the bad foods that I shouldn't and then some...and start over.

I am now on day 6 and I have not only broke my plateau - I have gone way beyond it! I have lost 6 lbs! That is motivating. Obviously, I know that I will need to put healthy foods in my mouth after I complete the 30 days to maintain my weight. The other key feature is that by breaking the plateau, you change your SET POINT which adjusts to keep you in the range if you don't overindulge.

The book has me eating sprouts, broccoli, and spinach (just three examples of many) - all very healthy and all have rarely been part of my diet and never consistently.

Cheria55 - I like your comments throughout - you were just trying to gain perspective from those that READ the book. From the two that did on this string - I think you can gain a good perspective. Did you start the diet?

If you both are still on it - please let me know how it is going!

Thanks!
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    anyone did it completely and saw results?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    anyone did it completely and saw results?
    Of course not or they would be posting pics and touting it's success.:laugh:
    I've seen threads like this start off strong, get opposition (from correct information), get defensive, then die off because in real life it's not sustainable or is only temporary.
    There is no secret, there is no 10 day 10lb fat loss. Desperation leads many to search for false solutions.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
  • prudism
    prudism Posts: 149 Member
    Options

It's the same reason as why people think Keto is a superior diet. That initial loss in water is what gets people excited. False hope, if you ask me. And that last part is all too true. You didn't gain 10lbs in 10 days, so don't expect to lose it in 10.

so right it didn't take one week to accumulate so not going to go in a week
  • brebre8787
    Options
    A lot of people that are making comments about this book have not read it. I read it cover to cover. Jackie is not saying that you will lose ten pounds of fat in ten days. The first 10 days and 10 pounds are usually water weight. You are put on a 948 calorie diet. This is usually considered a starvation diet because if your body does not get enough calories, it will go into starvation mode and store all fats from food to make up for the depletion. What people do not understand is that the foods that you are eating are high quality foods. Most people that do the starvation diet will eat crap (fast food and pop) for one meal a day thinking that they will lose weight because they are cutting calories. Also, this part of the diet only lasts 10 days. Your whole bodies metabolism will not crash on 10 days of a high quality, low calorie diet. I would rather be eating a low calorie high quality diet, then eating 1300 calories of crap everyday. The next ten days she bumps you up to 1203 calories. The third set of ten days she bumps you up to 1505 calories.This is the way to diet and see results fast. It has been statistically proven that women who see results faster are more excited to keep going with a program and lose more weight compared to other women who have to work very hard and for a long time before they see results. I am starting the program tomorrow and I am very excited and positive. I will post my results and let you all know how it goes. I just wanted to address the people that were saying this is a starvation diet, when its really just progressing your calorie consumption as your exercise demands increase. I think this is the way to go considering how many calories an average American eats in a day.
  • ccwhite338
    Options
    I followed the diet and lost 10 pounds in 25 days. I then lost another 10 pounds in 30 days. It's totally doable, and now I'm varying between 1000-1400 cals daily to lose the rest of the 30 pounds.