When did zombies become so big?

Options

Replies

• megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I dont know but I love the zombie boom! They are getting really creative with the zombie variations too - presently reading Patient Zep - amazon it... i love it
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I remember a book a few years ago about surviving the zombie apocalypse. I'm pretty sure that helped.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Seriously! Listen I've been obsessed with zombies since I was a child. I was like 8 when I first saw NOTLD and it's haunted me ever since.

Don't know what NOTLD is? Then stop pretending to be a zombie fan!

My whole life I've been concerned about zombie attacks, I was always laughed at. Now everyone and their mother wants to talk about their zombie apocalypse plan...

Half of you probably don't even know to destroy the damn stairs. :grumble:

the 1968 version or 1990? I prefer the first.. although I do love me some Tony Todd. He's creepy! LOL

That does it. You're getting a friend request whether you like it or not!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Zombie+Apocalypse+Preparation+Level+Genius.JPG&sa=X&ei=37-FT6zPHo-60QGazOzbBw&ved=0CAwQ8wc4KQ&usg=AFQjCNGcQ69xNGpkm6Ed-13__fNeh4Evvg
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I grew up watching all sorts of monster movies. So, I have always loved vampires, zombies, and werewolves. I guess everything is finally catching up with me!! haha!
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Welcome to 1999!!
    lol right!
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    My office is so divided ... myself and my boss are team Vampire and other are team Zombie. LOL

Team Zombie. I started hating vampires when they started to sparkle.

305721_10100390293864890_12916698_49704756_1307029823_n.jpg

Or just throw me in with the saints.
  • michellecorvin
    michellecorvin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My husband did a Zombie Apocalypse report for his college class and got an A+. I kid you not. He found all this cool research on the internet with diagrams and whatnot. It was a really well done project. ;D
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    the zombie craze has been been around since george romero's nigh of the living dead. the only reason why it's become more mainstream now is because geek culture in general has become more mainstream.

but as someone who was a zombie ______ every year for halloween of my of my childhood, it's always been popular. my favorite has to have been a zombie mr T
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Not all zombies are big. They come in all shapes and sizes.

^LOL^
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    My office is so divided ... myself and my boss are team Vampire and other are team Zombie. LOL

Team Zombie. I started hating vampires when they started to sparkle.

305721_10100390293864890_12916698_49704756_1307029823_n.jpg

Or just throw me in with the saints.

OMG - like I needed another reason to :heart: Norman Reedus.

I haven't been able to get into The Walking Dead though... but I've loved zombies since high school. I was one for Halloween too!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Seriously! Listen I've been obsessed with zombies since I was a child. I was like 8 when I first saw NOTLD and it's haunted me ever since.

Don't know what NOTLD is? Then stop pretending to be a zombie fan!

My whole life I've been concerned about zombie attacks, I was always laughed at. Now everyone and their mother wants to talk about their zombie apocalypse plan...

Half of you probably don't even know to destroy the damn stairs. :grumble:

the 1968 version or 1990? I prefer the first.. although I do love me some Tony Todd. He's creepy! LOL

That does it. You're getting a friend request whether you like it or not!

:drinker:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i remember the one year i compromised with my mom (she always wanted me to be something cute and girly for halloween). that compromise year i was a zombie fairy princess. complete with princess dress, tiara and blood stains :laugh:
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try "World War Z" if you're interested in books about the Zombie Apocalypse. It's amazing. Also, The Walking Dead was a super rad comic before it was a TV show. It's really good.

"World War z" came out in 2006.
  • TheYearofMe
    Options
    First of all, I'm a horror movie FANATIC! If anyone else on here is one, add me and let's talk movies. I'm talking like italian horror, japanese horror, old, new, cult, cheesy, gory stuff...yeah.

Regarding zombies, I think that as a society, we tend to get caught up with ideas and run with them. It happened with Vampires. It happened with werewolves. It happened with mummies. I think the appeal of zombies is that when it comes to horror movie characters, these can actually be a reality. Given the different types of viruses and bacterias in the world, it 's not hard to imagine something mutating beyond treatment and creating a zombie-like version of humanity. That's not counting any man-made viral warfare that could be created and get out of control. If some modern-day plague were to go bezerk, we could possibly end up with a zombie-like creature. Just look at rabbies.
  • TheYearofMe
    Options
    The zombie craze started with MJ's Thriller!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYdCpmzHa_AYDIao4_Akvda_ps58J77hOAWU2ydt_5qf38i7wLvg

this!

Ahh! Yes Bela Lugosi!! Original hooror movie icon (along with Lon Chaney)..I have this movie in a Bela collection...I need to watch it again soon.
    Your both Wrong. It started with this

white-zombie-movie-best-horror-movies-ever-zombies.jpeg
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    things come and go like that.... just like vampires, magic schools, dragons, futuristic stuff, cowboys.... it all has had or will have it's moment in the spotlight.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I hate this zombie trend...I hate the fact that some people can't seem to make a joke that doesn't involve the "zombie apocalypse"...Just like I can't stand even hearing the name "Chuck Norris" anymore.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Try "World War Z" if you're interested in books about the Zombie Apocalypse. It's amazing. Also, The Walking Dead was a super rad comic before it was a TV show. It's really good.

"World War z" came out in 2006.

Yup! WWZ is awesome. They are making a movie out of it, and I hope they don't royally screw it up like they did with the Walking Dead TV show. WD comic is 100x better than the show.