Food addict here, do you exercise to be able to eat more?

Options
I am a food addict...no doubt about it. Whenever I am told I can't have food, I obsess... I found out that we are supposed to eat our exercise calories to help out body lose weight and to prevent starvation mode.

Does anyone else find themselves exercising more just so they can eat more? (even if it is healthy food)

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yep, I try to exercise everyday so I can afford to eat more without worrying.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I'm a food addict too. I know what you mean!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yes and I'm not ashamed of it either, I :heart: knowing that I earned that extra snack or treat or whatever :happy:
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Yes and I'm not ashamed of it either, I :heart: knowing that I earned that extra snack or treat or whatever :happy:

Me too!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I love food and won't apologize for it. I exercise because I enjoy it, and because I know it's good for me, but I DO love the fact that I get to eat more.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, many times I have to earn my dinner :ohwell:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I do! Sometimes I just really want pizza and beer!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Over here!

In the last few weeks of my half-marathon training, though, I was actually burning so much that I couldn't even eat it all back. I finally hit the wall of my food addiction; try to make me eat more than 2300 calories and I feel absolutely sick to my stomach. The only exception was the day of my race, when I burned 1820 calories and very nearly ate all of them back because I actually was so ravenous. So I had a 3100 calorie day...and was still at a 600 calorie deficit from maintenance. Insane.
  • justfungrandma
    justfungrandma Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am in that same boat! Not on a regular basis, but the last week for sure! Today I have something like 350 calories left and its only 2pm! Gonna have to do some serious working out after the grandbabies get picked up just to have a normal dinner! Very frustrated with myself today!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! If I could be satisfied on the number of calories I need for a deficit, I wouldn't exercise at all! But I'm not...so I must...
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Yes! I try to eat the best nutrition possible, but I am never going to be one of those people that "forgets" to eat. It ain't happening. I do love exercising though...always have. Even when I was at my biggest I was still very active...so I remind myself often that nutrition is paramount and key to losing fat and gaining muscle.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm happy to work for food.
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hell yes.

Without a doubt.

I'm also a calorie banker and look at the week rather than the day.
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, many times I have to earn my dinner :ohwell:

Ditto! :laugh:
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Um, absolutely.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    :drinker: guilty!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I can't say I do it most time just to eat...but sure on those days that you know you going out to eat or different functions....YES....get my total burn on!! That's what this lifestyle is about being pro-active....
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    OH Heck YES! On days I cannot work out due to time constraints I am an unhappy eater! :)
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! On a regular basis! My friends tease me about being addicted to working out, but I have to in order to eat the way I want to. As a short woman (just under 5 feet), I don't get a large calorie allowance, even on maintenance. I know I'm going to end up eating a lot whether I work out or not, so I push myself harder to make up for it. As an added benefit, I get great muscles and cardio endurance. Win-win!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Yes I do too or sometimes I over eat during the day and then go to the gym to work it off and as Im burning calories I say to myself slice of pizza burned or theres 1 - 100 caorie pack and so on :drinker: :laugh: