Fit and Fun Sized (those under 5'4") for April 2012

Options
124»

Replies

• charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Anyone else that's a shorty have a short torso? I am finding that because my torso is so short that I think that I look bigger than I am. SO frustrating.

Me right here. 5lb gain looks like 10lb gain on a good day.
    [/quote

This happens to me when my stomach is full and when I am bloated it shows like CRAZY. I have recently upped my cals to 1400 and am going to stick there for a while until my body adjusts and eventually up it a bit more. But as I do that my stomach gets SOOOOOO big. it's RIDICULOUS!
  • izzyissy
    izzyissy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am 4' 7 and would like some support also. May I join your group or friend me.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and CW is 144lbs. My GW is 120 - I know I can do it, I've done it before. I think the smallest weight gain shows massively - the 20lb difference looks like a stick vs. a space hopper!

I currently have few clothes that fit because I threw all my "big" clothes out last time and I refuse to replace them!

But at the moment I'm stuck in the habit of eating rubbish, and flare ups of various health issues are preventing me doing any intense exercise - hell, some days health issues stop me doing the basics! Need to get back to healthy eating and doing as much exercise as my body will allow.

Definitely need some support - and you shorter ladies know just how it is!!

On the subject of height - "God only lets things grow until they are perfect. Some of us took less time than others!"
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    oops, it is already halfway thru April and I'm just now catching up on the thread!

been a busy past few weeks for me & the scale shows it -> gained 2 lbs in the past month :sad: but I'm trying to get back to tracking (for me, it seems to work best if I pre-log my food). I've also really been lax on my exercise & need to stop letting myself use excuses.

hope everyone is doing well!
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    My goal needs to be (and should always be) to eat healthier!! I am so tired of every pound showing on my 5'1" frame!!
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm back and trying to get back on track! I hit my goal last year and then need surgery for a hernia repair. I couldn't work out after my surgery and have since gotten lazy and and continually gained weight. Now I must get this weight back off!! My goal is to stay on track and do some kind of working out daily. Running may be done for me as I have done some kind of damage to my knee from all the running I was doing before. It's not in to good of shape right now, but something is better than nothing! Have a great day everyone.
  • izzyissy
    izzyissy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What are your calorie goals for the day anyone?

Since we are short, it is hard for us to lose 1lb a week. At least that's what mfp is telling me. Are you guys eating your exercise
    calories back? I am just starting AGAIN and hope I can succeed this time. Thanks Issy
  • stacbrum
    stacbrum Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and this makes my weight extremly noticable. I always say if I could just be a little taller, lol. Last year I lost 30lbs, I have gained 10 of those back. I have another 142lbs to go! I try and walk everyday, but my shins tighten up so bad that it makes it very difficult to want to continue. I've tried stretching before, doesn't seem to help. I will continue to try :smile:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I love my teenagers dearly and support them in things they want to do. Our state's graduated drivers program is driving me crazy. 17 and they still can't drive themselves around! lol Today is the last day of soccer and soccer practice is OVER.

DD has soccer Monday and Friday, DS has soccer Tuesday and Thursday and standing doctor appointments on Tuesday and Wednesday. Hence the no time to exercise or cook right.

Monday will be my restart day. Restarting time for me.

About calories: Unfortunately, to loose weight anymore I can not eat more than 1200 a day.

Well, time to go,

Jeannie
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Hang in there Jeannie you will get through you always do...thats what us moms do! Have a great day!:flowerforyou: Thinking of you!
  • minimagic2700
    minimagic2700 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm very late to this thread, but proud to say I'm 5'2.75" and 142 pounds. Still have another 12-17 pounds to lose. My SW was 170
  • ChshireKat
    ChshireKat Posts: 117
    Options
    Hi all.
    Had a lovely week end, temperatures finally passed 80 degree... for once this year I was warm... went hiking with my sister and her 3 oldest (7,3, & 2), the little one had to be carried for most of it but it is the oldest that we are thinking of leaving home next time, he was whining that it wasn't fair that his baby brothers got to be carried, I don't think he gets that @ more than half our hight he is too big for us to carry, when we pointed that out he said "but Dad carries me", his dad's near 6ft tall and 260 lbs:laugh: . As long as it doesn't rain on a Sunday I think we can keep doing this.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm 5'2, and finally have seen noticeable progress in the past few months! In three months I lost 5 pounds, and in 6 months a total of 11 pounds:) I am now at one of my goals--being 115. Now headed toward my next goal...thanks to a combo of 30 Day Shred, and either Killer Buns&Thighs or another JM dvd.
  • Tiffanie252
    Tiffanie252 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am needing some serious support ladies!! I started this adventure at the first of the year and had 3 great friend join in. It was so fun and easy when we were all tracking and sticking to what we know works (eating right and exercise). Since then all of my friends have jumped off the band wagon and I am finding it SO hard to stay motiviated when I feel like I'm doing it myself. I am within reach of my goal and I want to get there!!! Feel free to friend me!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I was scanning back and it looks like a lot of us started in about the same place and are wanting to get to about the same place. This is certainly the place to come for support. We all have the same struggles.

Prom and soccer are over and I have exercised everyday since. It is amazing how fast we loose muscle and strength. It is hard to walk 30 minutes again. I thought I'd never feel this way again, but I do.

Welcome to all the new comers to this thread. I look forward to getting to know you better.

ChshireKat - carrying that baby on the walks adds a strength aspect to walking. lol

Minimagic - Gratz to you on how far you have come.

gumigal- what is the Killer Buns & Thighs? Gratz on loosing the 11 pounds.

I am doing OK and just waiting for the scale to move. I haven't had a piece of chocolate at work all week and if I can make it through this week, I can make it through next week. too many co-workers with candy jars around here.

Chat at you later,

Jeannie
  • babygurl1
    Options
    Gonna to get myself all measured up tonight and my before pictures taken...starting the 30day shred tomorrow!! I hope I make it through!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Gonna to get myself all measured up tonight and my before pictures taken...starting the 30day shred tomorrow!! I hope I make it through!

I bet you will do fine. Good luck!

Jeannie
  • jam0525
    Options