Food addict here, do you exercise to be able to eat more?

Options
2»

Replies

• minigirl2
    minigirl2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Abso-flippin-LOOTLY!! :laugh: Why else would I get on such a bizarre-looking machine as an elliptical and perform the unnatural act of moving my legs like pistons until I can't breathe??
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    I work hard during the week for my cheat meals on the weekends haha!
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    Absolutely, many times I have to earn my dinner :ohwell:

way funny!! i agree.. it happens to me all the time.. thank god for zumba!!! :) or i would starve for dinner
  • bunnzye2
    bunnzye2 Posts: 56
    Options
    YES I AM - REALLY BAD!! SOMETIMES I OVERDO IT TOO MUCH, I'M NOT A SPRING CHICKEN ANYMORE, AND I'M EXERCISING MY BUNS OFF, OVER EXERTING MYSELF, SO I CAN HAVE WHAT I WANT.
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm a food-addict and a binge eater, but this site has helped me at least control my eating so I don't continuously gain weight. I definitely exercise to eat more. Whatever your motivation for exercising is, it's a good thing.....
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You betcha! I love food. Food is fuel that allows me to challenge my body.

The best part about it is you get a positive feedback loop: the more you exercise, the more you can eat, which gives you more energy, which makes you want to exercise more, all of which increases your metabolism which allows you to eat even more. :drinker:
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I want the body only working out can provide. That being said, when the epic battle that is my internal monologue starts going back and forth (workout! No don't! No, do!), eating another meal is a BIG motivator to win the battle. You have to find what works to get your as/s moving. That's all there is to it.
  • raisingbabyk
    raisingbabyk Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Oh heck yes!!! I'd feel like I was starving if I couldn't eat my exercise calories.
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    OOOOOOOH YES! I also exercise to make up for what I already ate.

But I think it is great, I wish it had been explain to me years ago I could do this. :mad:
  • dtenzie
    dtenzie Posts: 24
    Options
    Yep 99% of the time I do. I love Cookie & Cream Ice cream. So I will eat a bowl (or two) maybe 2-3 times per. Those will be cardio days :-).
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how I can fit in a workout and nap before going to my beau's for dinner!
  • downhomechik
    Options
    I am a food addict...no doubt about it. Whenever I am told I can't have food, I obsess... I found out that we are supposed to eat our exercise calories to help out body lose weight and to prevent starvation mode.

Does anyone else find themselves exercising more just so they can eat more? (even if it is healthy food)

On occasion!
  • littlebutcurvy
    Options
    i was wondering if its ok to save exercise calories for wknds?