I like to eat, eat, eat Apples....

Options
SteffieMark
SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
Most of my friends know me well enough to know I have an addiction to apples and peanut butter. I eat it at least once a day for my snack. I have been on a search, a quest of sorts, to find the PERFECT tasting apple. I have been trying different varieties and here is what I have found. I like slightly sweet but, not too sweet. I do not care for tart at all. I love Fuji, Gala and Honeycrisp. My husband swears by these GREEN Granny Smith apples so, today I tried one instead of my usuals. I have to tell you, I HATED it. I'm not sure what it was about it, tartness perhaps? But, it just was not good. I ate it because I'm not wasteful but, I'll not eat another. What type of apple is your favorite and why? I want to try more! Muhahahaha

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    35tv2h.jpg
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I love apples too, but can't start the tart green ones or mealy red delicious. My faves are the same as yours, Fuji, gala, and honeycrisp. I get whichever of those is cheapest that week. I also like Pink Lady and Braeburn, since they are sweet without being tart and are sometimes cheaper.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    The only Apple I have never liked are red delicious, the mealy texture is just too much. I prefer Honey crisp and a good fresh Gala.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I like a little tartier, typically the Michigan apples like macintosh are my favorites, but the granny smith are too tarty in my opinion.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Anything but Granny Smith, Red Delicious, or Macintosh. My go to afternoon snack is an apple with a tablespoon of creamy Biscoff Spread. Its sweeter than peanut butter so it really curbs the desire for sweets.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp. Hands down. End of discussion.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Pink lady! But I think it's pretty close to the honeycrisp.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have never tried a Red Delicious, it was next on my list. I might not now. Texture plays a big part in whether I like something or not!

I have never heard of Biscoff spread, looking it up now! I love how I learn about things I never tried before, on MFP!
  • wonhundred
    Options
    I love Gala apples!!! So crisp and sweet :) I have trouble figuring out which is the cheapest type of apple though..
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    The only Apple I have never liked are red delicious, the mealy texture is just too much. I prefer Honey crisp and a good fresh Gala.

^^^^ exactly this!!!!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Im 100% into Granny Smith. I HATE Red/Yellow Delicious b/c they are soooo grainy. But hook me up with a bright granny & MWAH!! That is the stuff!! Honeycrisps are wonderful too....but sooooo big you almost can't finish it. I'm also VERY into Cuties mandarins!! LOVE em!!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I have never tried a Red Delicious, it was next on my list. I might not now. Texture plays a big part in whether I like something or not!

I have never heard of Biscoff spread, looking it up now! I love how I learn about things I never tried before, on MFP!

Biscoff is very good....quite similar to Nutella.
  • dayswillpass
    Options
    Huge Honeycrisp and Pink Lady fan, but I SWEAR by Grapples. I could eat them by the bagful and they're not terribly expensive.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    granny smith is my favorite. I have one for a snack on days i excercise. Today instead of peanut butter i had brie cheese with it
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Minnesota has some awesome apples.

Honeycrisp and SweeTango.

I also like Opal apples.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I love Empire, Fuji, Jonagold (I think it's a hybrid), Honeycrisp and Gala apples. Not a fan of grainy apples like McIntosh or Red Delicious, or Granny Smith (except in pies).
  • sawarden
    sawarden Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    King's, Ben Davis, and Red June. Have love the old heirloom varieties when you can find them
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've had the apples and bananas song stuck in my head for the last week or so, and I surely haven't heard it or even read it since I was small. Eerie :p

As for apples, I like whatever apple is on sale, as long as it isn't one of those soft ones like Macantosh. My taste buds are too moronic to really decipher too much difference.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I love apples! Especially the red ones. Not too fond of the green ones, too sour for my tastes. I need to remember to go buy some more!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    that song is going to be in my head all day. In Baby Bop's voice too.

>.<