Confession

Options
Zara11
Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
I have not been to the gym for a month because I had frozen my membership. I tried to take walks/bike/swim and managed to lose a pound more, but my eating has been swinging around like crazy - for a few days I'll keep in line, and then I'll just explode. It doesn't help that I was on vacation to foreign countries with many yummy, high-calorie, otherwise-inaccessible desserts and meals.

I've been telling people my weight loss has slowed down because I've hit the last 15ish pounds. And while that may be a factor, it's sure as HECK not the whole story.

I've. Gotten. Sloppy.

Tomorrow I can go back to the gym, and I intend to go. Let's hope I do. I have 1 more pound to lose in the next 10 days to have lost 30 pounds altogether... and then at least 15 more pounds before next summer - I have NEVER been to the beach before with my boyfriend and that's really sad.

Anyone else feel like they've kind of wasted huge chunks of their summer where they should have done more?

Replies

• jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Yes...me, too. I started April at 223 and by June was at 214 and reached 199 the end of July. After a few compliments from friends in August I noticed I was "forgetting" to log my food and exercise. Then I started to "treat myself" with foods I knew would be too many calories if I had logged them and I really dropped off on the exercise. I think I wasted 2 weeks in August. Time to get recommitted. MFP really works when I log the food and exercise.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't have regrets about this summer other than I wish I had started this sooner so I could actually be enjoying the summer instead of daydreaming about next year. :smile:
  • mandyor
    mandyor Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm with you i so slowed down. I just got really Lazzzzzyyyyy :yawn: []-p]. I kept making excusess not to go work out. :embarassed: and have been eating foods i know i should really avoid. But i'm not going to beat myself up over it. I knew this would be easy and I certainly wouldn't just drop the way i'd been eating over a week or even a month i just know that with this site and support i recognise what i'm doing not wrong but what i should be doing different and if I keep working on it and noticing it I will change my eating habits and be that fabulous fit person i want to be :laugh:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I did enough before that I'm happy, but I don't think I'l be able to reach my original goal, as that would require losing a pound a week from now on. I can try, but... probably won't happen much. However, I'm looking forward to a hopefully good gym schedule starting in two weeks, so we shall see how I am for next summer / any semester break vacations!