I like to eat, eat, eat Apples....

Options

Replies

• HollywoodDJ
    HollywoodDJ Posts: 296
    Options
    I love virtually every kind of apple....(with the exception of the last one I had I spit it out because it tasted like it had been bathed in chemicals...Yuck!)

I love the new Sweet Tango's and Honeycrisp's also~ I thought Granny Smith Green apples were primarily for cooking?

18447478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Granny smith!!

I used to hate apples. But now I eat them every day. Always the green ones.
  • Linnybear1974
    Options
    I love apples, my absolutes favourites are Russets when they are in season (not often enough :() when they are under ripe they taste nutty . . delicious!!!
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Macintosh...seriously.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I like Ambrosia, Pink Lady, Gala and Golden Delicious.

Edit: And I eat an apple with peanut butter almost every day too. :smile:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Persian apples, aka peaches. :bigsmile:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith! I love how sweet and tart they are. I hate plain old boring red apples such as Red Delicious. Blech!
    I have not tried other red (or red-ish) varieties, maybe my next trip to the store. I was eyeing some Gala apples last week but got my Granny Smith instead. :heart:
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Saw this thread and just knew it had to be yours Steffie! :) My fellow apple & pb girl.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am a gala apple fan. Though my fruit of choice over the apple, is the pear.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHH HONEYCRISP! Also pink lady.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Grapples! When my hubs was the shop manager for a trucking company here in town that has since gone out of business, they had a reefer unit go out on a trailer that had Grapples on it and the buyer said they did not want them so they passed them out to everyone and my hubs brought home several flats of them and they were soooooo good!!!
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    Gala apples!! And red delicious :) I must explore others as well

This song is so gonna be stuck in my head now
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Piñata apple

Directly from FB page: Pinata is a new apple variety from Washington state. It's a cross between Golden Delicious, Cox's Orange Pippin and the Duchess of Oldenburg varieties.

I found them at Wal-Mart and they come in a zippered bag. They are a little smaller than a regular apple but they brand them so kids eat them. There always crisp and I have to say I like them better than red delicious.

Here is a link to their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PinataApple

So going to have to check these out, I live in Seattle! lol
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Gala and Golden Delicious...I eat two of them a day! Love my apples!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Honeycrisp. Hands down. End of discussion.
    This, but when they are too expensive I buy Fuji.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    I enjoy Pink Lady and Ambrosia apples, I haven't tried many other varieties that I've wanted to such as HoneyCrisp, Jazz, etc. Grapples are amazing, too. They cost way too much though.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Empire apples are the best, look pretty, they are small, round with a deep red colour and always so shiny. They are crisp, juicy and sweet! Perfect!
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love love love Granny Smith! :) And except for Pink Lady I don't like any red or yellow apple
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I like to eat eat eat crab apples...they are seriously my favorite.
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Vermont Honeys. I can't get them here in Oregon so I buy Honeycrisp, Figi, and Braeburn.