Do you eat when you're not hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Yes, but not to where I feel like I'm bursting out of my pants. For example, If I look at its 1pm and I realize I've only had breakfast ... but I'm not that hungry... I'll still have a snack since I know my body will need the energy. However if I've just had dinner and I still have a thousand calories left and I'm already full, theres no way I'm going to fill myself up more just to fulfill my calorie needs for the day.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I wish I coulld stop eating when Im not hungry I have a post on my cubicle at work that says "I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger" and that is so me
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do. I plan my meals, I have the 3 meals of the day plus snacks. If I wait to get hungry, I risk eating the wrong food.

+1
  • Shampa21
    Shampa21 Posts: 3
    Options
    I eat all the time, including when I am not hungry. I have a bad habit of mindless eating, where I will see food and go for it before I can even let my brain identify what kind of food it is. It is a terrible practice and I do it even on my most diet conscious days.
    The only way I found a way around it is to constantly have something to chew on. During a good day, it is a celery or a carrot and ofcoarse drink water to keep my mouth at bay at the first glimmer of food.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    I do not eat when I am not showing any sign of hunger, just like I do not eat if food does not have any flavor
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do not.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I only eat when i'm hungry. but it usually works out to be every 2-3 hours.

* unless I am bored... which is usually the worst time to eat... that and in front of the tv.

This!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I don't eat when I'm not hungry. That's how I gained weight, I just kept shoveling the food in even if I wasn't hungry. It's still hard to stop eating when I'm full! I was definitely a part of the clean plate club, couldn't bear to waste food!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yes... I like being on a schedule lol. I eat when it's time to eat.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I need to hit my calorie goal. Eating when you're not hungry is pretty easy IMO.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I do! If it's been over 3 hours since my last meal, I try to eat at least a small meal or snack. Otherwise, by the time I do get around to eating another meal, I'm ravenous and will overdo it.

For sure!! It's better for me to just eat every few hours than actually get hungry. That can be a bad situation all around~
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I dind that if I dont I will go over my calories the next day and be starving all day. But if I stay on target then my hunger levels tend to stable out. Just how it works for me.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I will have a protein shake (high cals) or something if I'm seriously lacking in the "hungry" department and need to fill a significant amount of calories. It looks as though I'm going to have that problem today. I had a big burn from a long walk/jog to the gym today, and I have 1500 calories yet to fill up (at 4:30 at night! yeah right!!) If I'm really FULL, I won't eat. Sometimes I just grab a spoon and the jar of peanut butter. It has nice calories without being overly "filling."
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it's usually veggies, otherwise, I binge when I'm hungry.
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I don't, I rather save up those calories for a larger meal when I do feel hungry. Why waste calories when I don't even want them?
  • Tanishhaaaaaa
    Tanishhaaaaaa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    In order to reach my calorie goal, I HAVE to eat when I'm not hungry.
    I pre-plan my day and try not to eat less than 200 (: (: