Help have no Idea

Options
New to all this and would love someone to help me figure some stuff out. I have been using MFP for 2 weeks now and have lost 9 pounds. Problem is, I lost 9 pounds the first week and have not lost a pound the second week. I am going off of how many calories the iPhone app tells me I can eat but I have been reading some of the threads and I might be wrong for this. I have no clue how to calculate this stuff myself using TDEE or BMR. I feel like I shouldn't have hit a plateau so early.
If anyone can please help me figure out if I am doing it right that would be greatly appreciated. Just some info if it's not visible I started at 321 lbs and now I'm at 312 lbs but stuck. It's really frustrating because I have been very strict with my self and I bought a treadmill and run on it 5 days a week with an average of 600 calories burned a day just on the treadmill. Like I said, anyone who can help would be awesome and helpful.

Replies

• xoxluvvy
    xoxluvvy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We would be able to give more advice if you would post your height (so we can calculate your BMR) and allowed us to view your food diary.

My advice is to not give up! You have already lost so much don't let one bad week discourage you!
  • Actually_Mike
    Actually_Mike Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I believe that also when you're first starting out you'll burn your water weight off incredibly quick. Once the initially large loss if gone, then you'll burn fat. Which you lose a lot slower than water weight, just don't get discouraged!
  • ldominguez1986
    ldominguez1986 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, My height is 5' 10". Thanks for the help