FAT FLUSH SOUP

Options
has anyone tried the fat flush soup and got good results with it? I tried searching in the forum posts, but could only find people saying "they would try it" but no real success stories. Just wondering cause I had the soup a while back and loved it!

Replies

• MarilynMarie
    Options
    how does it work???
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    If you're just looking to add more variety to your diet, it's a good healthy choice. If you're asking about a "soup diet" in which you eat nothing but, I'd urge you to reconsider. Crash diets are dangerous and almost never show sustainable results. Your best bet is to eat a healthful and variety-filled diet :)
  • dh2312
    dh2312 Posts: 33
    Options
    nope was just looking into it as a boost for the first week. i made the soup before and loved it! just didn't know if anyone else tried it or not
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    could you give the receipe. i wouldn't mind trying it. is it a hearty type of soup? i like hearty over watery, i actually think that i'm eating something with substance.
    thank you in advance
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Fat flush soup is chili. At least the recipe I've seen for it is chili. Chili usually IS a good, healthy choice as far as food goes, but it's not magic. It's not going to do anything special besides provide calories and nutrients. It won't increase your metabolism more than eating usually does.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Wrong mindset here. There are no magic foods to flush fat. How do yuo flush fat? Through a moderate calorie deficit and sensible exercise program. Anything else is a handicap at best or a scam at worst.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    So now there are soups that burn fat? Point me the way!!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    After eating cabbage soup for a week, I was able to flush a movie theater of it patrons in less than a minute.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    So now there are soups that burn fat? Point me the way!!

They do burn fat, but you have to pour the soup directly onto the fat.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It sounds delicious!
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    After eating cabbage soup for a week, I was able to flush a movie theater of it patrons in less than a minute.

AWESOME!!!! Too funny!

Yeah that kind of diet doesn't bring friends.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The Fat Flush Soup is chili. I eat chili several times a week, both red and green, because it is a nutrient rich, reasonable-calorie meal. And frucking tasty.

But the Fat Flush Soup doesn't do anything magical. Because it's chili.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    lol!!
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options

lol!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    After eating too much Fat Flush Soup, I began to call it "Double Flush" Soup, cause you know... Had to double flush. You know what I'm sayin'?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    The word FLUSH should never EVER be used in a recipe title. Ever.
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    From Women's World magazine:

Fat Flush Soup

2 tsp. olive oil
    1 ¼ lbs lean ground beef, turkey or shredded chicken
    1 onion, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, chopped
    1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
    1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
    1 (32 oz.) bottle reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable cocktail juice
    1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
    1 (14 oz.) can black, navy or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
    1 Tbs. ground cumin
    1/8 tsp. cayenne, or to taste
    ¼ cup each fresh cilantro and parsley, chopped

In stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-high setting. Sauté meat/poultry until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
    Sauté onion, garlic, peppers and mushrooms until soft, about 5 minutes.
    Stir in remaining ingredients, except cilantro and parsley. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and parsley.
    Cover; simmer 10 minutes longer. Store soup in refrigerator up to 5 days. Freezes well. Make 12-14 cups. 1 serving = 3 cups.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I make soups to help me fill up in between and get extra veggies in during the day. I usually do a head of cabbage, a bundle of kale and maybe some tomotoes or bell peppers with water and some buillion. It is awesome and you can even add in egg whites for protein. I also add nutrional yeast to make it creamy plus it adds flavor and fiber!!!
  • marnie4ever
    marnie4ever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What are the calories for the 3 cup serving???? This recipe sounds almost like the one I make but I call it Taco or Mexican soup!!!
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Bump