Color Run 5K!

Options
Hi all!

New here to MFP but I'm going to start training with a modified version of the C25K program [I only have the iPod nano so I'll have to time the intervals myself] for the Color Run in Philadelphia on 7/8.

I'm currently in Sussex County, NJ. If anyone wanted to train together I would be up for working out a schedule! As it stands I'll probably be joining the Morris County Striders on their runs as my fiance is a member.

Is anyone else doing the Color Run in Philly or has already done a Color Run?

Feedback! :)

xoxo, Jen

Replies

• maledoux
    maledoux Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The Color Run sounds like alot of fun! Thanks for the mention; I'm going to sign up in my city. :)
  • sunfrogger88
    sunfrogger88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Glad I could help! I am so excited :)
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the Sacramento one August 4th! I am excited! It will be my first 5k in 28 years! LOL
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow looks interesting! I might have to go. I live in Burlington County, very close to Philly. I work full time with two kids and a shift working husband, so I don't think I'd be able to join up for any kind of training though...(I'm lucky to be military so I get to do PT everyday at least).
  • sarahdee2007
    Options
    I was so excited when I heard about color run two weeks ago, but there are no positions open close to me! (KC & Chicago)
  • sunfrogger88
    Options
    Good to see so many people excited! I can't wait :)

@mindidily - wow, PT is a lot of work from what I hear! yeah I can't wait for the Philly run.. I live in north NJ but my family is all down in Philly so that's why we're running there and not NYC :)
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I only have a Nano as well. There are so many free podcasts for C25K out there!! Just Google the type of music you like. For example, I typed " Couch 2 5K week one podcast punk rock" and I found an AWESOME podcast!

Self timing seems so daunting to me!

Good luck with the run, it sounds awesome!
  • bratgrrl
    bratgrrl Posts: 30
    Options
    I did the color run in Austin Texas. It was so much fun! You'll have a blast!
  • smiles4deb
    Options
    We're doing the one here in KC, 6/30. Can't wait, it looks like so much fun. My husband was in a motorcycle accident a few years back, spent four months in a wheelchair and is just now being able to jog a little bit on his leg, so this is kind of a big deal for him to do this, even though he won't be able to run much. :bigsmile:
  • sunfrogger88
    Options
    @smiles4deb - i'm so sorry to hear that! i'm glad he's doing better. that's always a big worry when my fiance heads out on the bike!
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    we are going to try for the one in louisville, im excited!! good luck
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for the registration to open up for the Charlotte color run. It's in October so that gives me plenty of time to get ready. I am so excited about this race!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    The one in Nashville opens in October. Me and a coworker are gonna be all over it like white on rice. :bigsmile: I can't wait!
  • lovepink87
    Options
    I'm in Utah and my husband and I are doing the color run here. I'm soooo excited!