GPS Tracker Apps..

Options
I use Run Keeper (tgz13) on my phone and this week the GPS is just having issues connecting. It's been very windy here in NJ the past few days but other then that its been clear skies. I have been reverting back to the old stop watch to keep track of time and splits and then updating the programs manually.

Is anyone else having issues with their tracker apps?

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    No issues here with my Garmin. It's been spot on.

I'm in Baltimore, so I've experienced the same windy conditions.
  • tzaccario
    tzaccario Posts: 53
    Options
    No issues here with my Garmin. It's been spot on.

I'm in Baltimore, so I've experienced the same windy conditions.
    Wonder if its just the phone GPS being qwirky.. I generally don't leave the GPS running in order to save battery, and when I turn it on for the APP it sometimes takes a bit to connect, but not as bad as it has been.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    RunKeeper is tracking elevations on my map that do not exist so it's screwing with my calorie burn number (422cal). I can't possibly climb an over 350 ft elevation and then descended in a matter of 4 minutes...stupid maps! But my MFP calculation is at 219 calories so now I'm just saying 260 and calling it a day! whaaaaaaa
  • tzaccario
    Options
    RunKeeper is tracking elevations on my map that do not exist so it's screwing with my calorie burn number (422cal). I can't possibly climb an over 350 ft elevation and then descended in a matter of 4 minutes...stupid maps! But my MFP calculation is at 219 calories so now I'm just saying 260 and calling it a day! whaaaaaaa

You could if you were Spiderman!
  • Starbec
    Starbec Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I used Endomondo today for the first time ever.
    Never used any other programs/apps but it seemed to be pretty spot on with distance!
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Nike+ GPS app for months & while I generally love it, I have noticed that sometimes it "hiccups" during a workout. This week I've also been running with a garmin gps watch. So far, the app & the watch are providing similar results, but the app is less hassle.
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Nike + GPS app, everyone i've recommended it to loves it as well.
  • tzaccario
    Options
    I LOVE the Nike + GPS app, everyone i've recommended it to loves it as well.
    Unfortunately nike+ isn't available for droid which sucks
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper and I love it, every once in a while it says I'm going like 2.3 miles an hours (which makes me depressed, I am slow but not that slow), but by the time each mile comes around it has me at 9 , 10 or 11 minutes which is where I am.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I found runkeeper works well most if the time, but sine days and some locations, it's just falls apart.
    Now I have a garmin forerunner watch and that has never yet lost the signal or inserted a 10km non existant diversion like runkeeper often does. Sad to say, I think that you just get better results on a product that is designed specifically for one purpose (ie. garmin) rather than a handy add-on (ie. runkeeper on a phone).
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I use and love Jog Log!!!! When Runkeeper (on my husbands phone) was having issues due to clouds yesterday Jog Log was right on..
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    iSmoothRun will switch from GPS to accelerometer if the GPS signal is too low. And it posts to your RunKeeper account.
  • laminy83
    laminy83 Posts: 16
    Options
    I use Nike+ on my ipod, i have My Tracks on my phone and i noticed the Nike+ is better at tracking the actual distance
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have a droid as well and am also in Jersey. I haven't been able to get the gps on any of the running apps to work. So annoying.
  • tzaccario
    Options
    I have a droid as well and am also in Jersey. I haven't been able to get the gps on any of the running apps to work. So annoying.
    Drives me crazy! Once in a while I get a good track, but so many times its off and I have to adjust it online :angry: