I lost 19 lbs eating pasta!! Please read, & share… thought

Options

Replies

• karmelkutie310
    karmelkutie310 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like something I can enjoy. I will keep my eyes open the next time I go to Whole Foods.

They def have them!! Dont let them say they dont.. lol they carry the “house food” or “miracle noodle” and they are in the fridge section by the tofu… they dont come dry!! They come packaged in water and you have to rinse them well…but after you toss them in anything they take on the flavor!! Glad you guys wanna try it it help me lose 19 lbs and counting so far!! :wink:
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I will be looking for them :) Can't wait!!! Oh and congrats on your loss that's wonderful!

Thanks for being positive, I just wanted to share what worked for me!! Dont see why people wanna come on and bash others for what works for them… if you eat regular pasta GOOD FOR YOU… just carry on. I eat these and LOVE em, and they are helping me shed weight fast!! Being positive and helpful and sharing my story..
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I tried the shirataki noodles b/c I love pasta and was hoping for a decent substitute, they were awful. They are CHEWY. It is gross. They are probably good in dishes like stir fry but they are so not a good sub for Italian style pasta dishes. I do not even have a sense of smell (seriously, nothing) so I had o issues with any odors like other people might, I just absolutely could to deal with the texture. Blah. These days it I want pasta, I just weigh it out and have a proper portion and make sure that it works I to my daily goal. I just can't make myself eat that stuff again. If you like it though that is great that it works for you, I'm sure all of us have things we like that others don't like and can't understand, so hey whatever works for you. :-)
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I will be looking for them :) Can't wait!!! Oh and congrats on your loss that's wonderful!
    Thanks for being positive, I just wanted to share what worked for me!! Dont see why people wanna come on and bash others for what works for them… if you eat regular pasta GOOD FOR YOU… just carry on. I eat these and LOVE em, and they are helping me shed weight fast!! Being positive and helpful and sharing my story..
    Keep in mind -- no food will help you lose weight. A calorie deficit will.
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    Keep in mind -- no food will help you lose weight. A calorie deficit will.

true!! Well than they are helping w. my deficit :smile:
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    I tried the shirataki noodles b/c I love pasta and was hoping for a decent substitute, they were awful. They are CHEWY. It is gross. They are probably good in dishes like stir fry but they are so not a good sub for Italian style pasta dishes. I do not even have a sense of smell (seriously, nothing) so I had o issues with any odors like other people might, I just absolutely could to deal with the texture. Blah. These days it I want pasta, I just weigh it out and have a proper portion and make sure that it works I to my daily goal. I just can't make myself eat that stuff again. If you like it though that is great that it works for you, I'm sure all of us have things we like that others don't like and can't understand, so hey whatever works for you. :-)

thanx for your feedback!! And to each his own… the tofu ones for me are DISGUSTING but I have always ate “glass noodles” growing up and I really enjoy these. They work perfectly fine for me in Italian dishes I use the angel hair ones cut them four ways and boil for 20 mins … they get sooo much softer and I usually sautee them in a lil olive oil and throw in a little butter and shrimp. With some parmesan cheese on top I can barely tell the difference! I actually prefer these, they feel so guilt free & I love it :wink: again everything isnt for everybody. I hope someone will have as much success as I have had!
  • karmelkutie310
    Options
    If I want pasta, I eat pasta! And fit it in to my calories for the day :smile:

Think about it, have you ever seen Japanese eat pasta??? It's not a substitute for pasta, it's actually a noodle and is delicious in soups and stir-fry. But it does have a fishy smell.

Spaghetti squash is probably a better pasta substitute, not this!

hmmm I have never tried spaghetti squash, I might have to look into it. Thanks for the feedback!
  • vzexft19
    vzexft19 Posts: 9
    Options
    I first heard about this pasta on Dr.Oz I said I was going to try them.I usually like anything thats healthy and going to help me. Different strokes fod different folks.Thanks for sharing.Bring on some more ideas.:flowerforyou:
  • curds
    curds Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    LOL I live in Asia and I've seen glass noodles practically everywhere, I haven't had any because in the dishes they will usually add meat, and Jap chae looks too much like Chop suey without the great flavour, but I suppose if it really is better for you I will try it the next time I'm offered the vegetable version.

I always forget why pasta is bad for you (well not bad, but its not considered diet food) I mean I thought its how you prepare something that determines the health benefits (the obvious junk foods aside).
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I don't understand all the haters on here...sorry you were trying to help people and received all this negative feedback (aside from the people just saying they plain don't like them)!! I know I can't have regular pasta - one cup turns into 1/2 a pound - which is why people (like me and probably you) look for alternatives to pasta! Duh!! We all need to do what works for us. I've seen other people recommend these noodles, I'm going to have to look them up.
    If you haven't had spaghetti squash, definitely try it!!! It's more calories than the shirataki noodles but still far less than regular pasta. I can eat a half a spaghetti squash baked with the cavity filled with mozzerella and sauce for 300 calories!! It tastes just like an indulgent baked pasta dish AND I'm getting the health benefits of eating squash rather than just processed bleached flour. Plus it helps with my giant appetite - I can eat like a man twice my weight!! :laugh:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Share recipes, please? Because I have tried them and hated them the first time.
  • econut2000
    Options
    I always forget why pasta is bad for you (well not bad, but its not considered diet food) I mean I thought its how you prepare something that determines the health benefits (the obvious junk foods aside).

It's not necessarily "bad" it's just that it's nutritionally deficient and high in carbs. It also doesn't keep you full for long because it's processed. For many people it's just one of those foods you have trouble eating in moderation!! If you can eat it with some self control, then I say go for it!! :happy:
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I don't understand all the haters on here...sorry you were trying to help people and received all this negative feedback (aside from the people just saying they plain don't like them)!! I know I can't have regular pasta - one cup turns into 1/2 a pound - which is why people (like me and probably you) look for alternatives to pasta! Duh!! We all need to do what works for us. I've seen other people recommend these noodles, I'm going to have to look them up.
    If you haven't had spaghetti squash, definitely try it!!! It's more calories than the shirataki noodles but still far less than regular pasta. I can eat a half a spaghetti squash baked with the cavity filled with mozzerella and sauce for 300 calories!! It tastes just like an indulgent baked pasta dish AND I'm getting the health benefits of eating squash rather than just processed bleached flour. Plus it helps with my giant appetite - I can eat like a man twice my weight!! :laugh:
    She did ask for other peoples experiences.......
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love these noodles. Basically they taste like nothing and then you add your flavours to them. Yeh, the textures a bit weird and yes, they smell when you first open the packet but the benefits far outweigh the negatives.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    No way! I lost weight eating pasta too. Just regular, normal, find-it-on-any-shelf-in-the-supermarket pasta! I just made sure I ate it in moderation and was still within my calorie goal. Would've thunk it?!
  • pumalama
    pumalama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    search for shirataki in the forum archives, there are also some recipes posted and some blog posts :)
  • econut2000
    Options
    She did ask for other peoples experiences.......

Agreed and I don't have a problem with people saying they don't like them as I stated in my post. It's the other comments I'm not a fan of....
  • pagham
    pagham Posts: 29
    Options
    I love them. I don't have them often as I don't feel I am missing out not having pasta, but occasionally I cook spaghetti bolognaise for my husband and when he has the usual spaghetti I have the whole pack of noodles (it comes in a two serving size in Australia = 250g). My sister told me about them at the beginning of the year and it is a brilliant way to add bulk to a meal with negligible calories. Never heard of squash spaghetti. Is this something only available in America?
  • econut2000
    Options
    I love them. I don't have them often as I don't feel I am missing out not having pasta, but occasionally I cook spaghetti bolognaise for my husband and when he has the usual spaghetti I have the whole pack of noodles (it comes in a two serving size in Australia = 250g). My sister told me about them at the beginning of the year and it is a brilliant way to add bulk to a meal with negligible calories. Never heard of squash spaghetti. Is this something only available in America?

I don't know but I would think it's available world wide! It's just a large yellow squash. The insides are orange-y in color and when you scrape them with a fork, the flesh comes out in strings like spaghetti :smile:
  • caitriaust
    Options
    Its a great option for those Gluten Free people as well, they are made out of Mung beans, or sometimes I think (dont quote me) soya beans, here in NZ its called Vermecelli..