I like to eat, eat, eat Apples....

Options

Replies

• jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Options
    Oh I love a good Granny Smith the more tarty the better but a Braeburn apple is a nice one too
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Golden Delicious for me...
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    the secret to granny smith is to have it on one of my world class spinach salads with my homemade vinaigrette.

:)

the other way to have them would be covered in caramel and chocolate...but i havent had them that way in years :\ (see: mrs prindables)

I love Fuji and Gala apples. :)
  • divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Like most every one Honey Crisps, Pink Ladies, Jazz, Fuji, Gala, had a few others but cant remember their names boo!

I dont care for tart ones only cause i have sweet tooth. I like the ones that are a crisp texture too.

Found this recipe for pb flavored yogurt. and adore it.
    http://www.fitsugar.com/Low-Calorie-Peanut-Butter-Snack-Made-Apples-Greek-Yogurt-22181698

I followed it loosely doing like 1/2 to 3/4 cup yogurt with 1tbsp pb and cinnamon to taste. Then threw in some chai seeds and it thickened up to the consistency of pb so I use it like i do pb without the guilt.

I sort of overed cinnamoned mine but its still turned out awesome and got me to think I am gonna do just cinnamon and yogurt with chai seeds and see how that goes for my apples.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the opinions, I love apples! I see a few mentioned here that I have never tried. I will be trying them as I get a chance and singing...I like to eat, eat, eat Apples...

@Divalivious, That sounds good! I wonder what I could come up with using PB2? I need to check into that as I always have PB2 here.

Edit: Now that I look at the recipe, I bet I could revise it to include the PB2, instead of peanut butter.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    I am a gala apple fan. Though my fruit of choice over the apple, is the pear.

This is me!! I LOVE pears and eat one everyday!! I like Golden or Red delicious apples but will have to try some of the other suggestions!! ;)
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have a granny smith every day.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    If your Red Delicious is mealy, it's because it's been in storage or in the store for too long. I can tell you from first-hand experience that they do not come off the tree that way. Fresh Red Delicious are the best apples I've ever had.

I recently tried a new variety called Junami and it is my current favorite, but it has a VERY short season. Like, a two week season.
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    Piñata apple

Directly from FB page: Pinata is a new apple variety from Washington state. It's a cross between Golden Delicious, Cox's Orange Pippin and the Duchess of Oldenburg varieties.

I found them at Wal-Mart and they come in a zippered bag. They are a little smaller than a regular apple but they brand them so kids eat them. There always crisp and I have to say I like them better than red delicious.

Here is a link to their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/PinataApple

So going to have to check these out, I live in Seattle! lol

Blech. They're Stemilt apples. Stemilt = not a very nice company.
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    Braeburn are the BEST apples I've tasted, closely followed by a Royal Gala. I've yet to try this Fuji though.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I ONLY eat granny smith apples! I do love them! However, I have an allergy to apples (weird, I know) so I only eat them once in a great blue moon (I can get away with once in a while otherwise bad things happen lol).
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Macintosh red are my favourite. Not too sweet and have a lovely texture mmm
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A lot of hate for the Red Delicious but they're my favorite! I've never had one that was grainy/mealy...
  • annrum
    annrum Posts: 144
    Options
    Ambrosia apples are definitely my favorite. Followed by Fujis. Interesting to see people talking about Granny Smiths, as those are baking apples, and aren't really meant for out of hand eating.

I've never seen Granny Smiths as baking apples? Bramleys are cooking apples (and very good microwaved with a few raisins in the middle).

Anyway, Russets, Coxs. Anything with taste & texture, nothing worse than biting into an apple that crumbles in your mouth or tastes of cardboard. Out of preference I'd buy English apples but that's because we have some lovely apples & I'd like to see more of them in the shops :smile: Given that there's supposed to be over 2,300 varieties in England I think it's rather sad that all you ever see is Golden/Red Delicious (not English) Granny Smith (not English), Cox's, Worcestershire, Russets. Maybe another variety on occasion.

Sorry for the English-centric nature, I'm sure there's an equivalent number of varieties everywhere else, but it does seem silly not to be making the most of local produce!

Oh - and eaten with a small lump of sharp cheddar... mmmmmm :bigsmile:
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This post made me think of this chart I found on Pinterest.

5uSNz.jpg

I like sweet apples so Fuji are by far my favorite!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Oh cool chart. I'll have to save it for future reference! Thanks!
  • unsuspectingfish
    Options
    This post made me think of this chart I found on Pinterest.

5uSNz.jpg

I like sweet apples so Fuji are by far my favorite!

But, wait, Rome's are good fresh, too!
  • binabodu
    binabodu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    The Golden Delicious w/ PB2 are my fave!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bump for later!
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    New Zealand apples are the best! :-)
    Granny Smiths are for cooking - get the hubby making an apple pie or apple crumble! Cream or Ice cream is additional.