Any 5'6 ladies eating 1500cal per day?

Options
And if so what is your exercise routine and how much do you lose in a week?

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I eat just over 1500, my diary is open. I really don't care how much I lose, as I'm almost to my goal weight so it's harder to lose. I'm doing Chalean Extreme right now.
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and am at @ 1600/day doing Insanity (and about to bump it up to 1800-2000 kcal/day for month 2 of the program). I'm almost at maintaining, but when I first started MFP, I was trying to lose @ 8 lbs and went NOWHERE eating only 1200kcal/day. I had to bump it up to lose. I know everyone's different, but that's what worked for me! :flowerforyou:
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 1900-2175 calories per day. Oh I am 5'7 by the way. And I only have about 5pounds to lose, since I only need to do toning on my body.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I normally never eat less than 1500! My plan is scheduled at .5 lb/week loss and that puts me at 1460 cals. I normally exercise 60-65 min a day and burn 300-500 calories. :)
  • aewalk07
    aewalk07 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6'' and eat 1500-1700 cal. It has helped me lose 6 pounds so far, and I know i will continue to drop. I burn about 800-1000 a week in workouts doing ease into 5k. Sometimes more if I add a zumba class to it. My blog is open.
  • jesshall281
    jesshall281 Posts: 219
    Options
    I eat between 1500-1900 calories a day. I'm really trying to focus on toning and gaining muscle so my diet is full of protein (im a healthy weight right now, so i dont watch how much i lose, i judge the way my clothes fit) im 5"6 too.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Me. I at between 1400 and 1500 every day. I do 30 day shred 5 days a week and run 4 days a week. I try to keep my fats at 20% and protein 30% or more. I lost 1.4 lbs last week doing this
  • Sharonab123
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I'm 5'6" eating 1200 and not dropping anything. I do an hour of cardio each morning with P90X at lunch and throw in an hour of yoga and a bike ride or two a week. I haven't lost anything, but I haven't gained either.
  • wifeyy
    wifeyy Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I'm 5'6" eating 1200 and not dropping anything. I do an hour of cardio each morning with P90X at lunch and throw in an hour of yoga and a bike ride or two a week. I haven't lost anything, but I haven't gained either.

Wow you should be losing with all that!! How much do you weigh?
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit shorter but my goal is 1500cal per day. I find it ok to stick with if I don't exercise but I'm also doing C25K and various home DVDs to add 300-400 cals a day 5/6 days a week. I do go under my calories on heavy exercise days but always always make sure I net 1200
  • Hev_uk
    Hev_uk Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Try eating more. Reading around these forums will help you understand the reasons why but you are not fuelling your body with enough cals to do it's every day activities and the exercise your doing. You could probably eat 2000 cals and lose 1-2lbs a week with that amount of exercise burn
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and eat 1300 - 1500 cal a day. I like to do P90x when I'm feeling energetic and take long walks when I'm not feeling so energetic with 2 days off a week. I am hoping to lose 1lb a week.
  • wrapgirl2022
    wrapgirl2022 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6" but just starting out, thus I have dropped to 1200 cal/day. once I get my cardio going move then 2 days, and begin lifting, I will bump that up to 1400 but with needing to lose 130 lbs, I have found that the low carb high (quality) protein works best for me (talking ten yrs ago -not sure about this time), breaking it into 6-8 small meals a day.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 (and a half), I was on 1200 and was hungry, grouchy and losing slow. Now on 1500 and doing C25K, Zumba, wii fit and walking at least 30mins every day and am losing around 2.5lbs a week although I would be happy with 0.5lbs loss a week :smile: I have around 60lbs +/- to lose and am much happier on the 1500 than the 1200 I was on :wink:
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    5' 5.5'', and I was, but was still plateauing so I've upped it! Some days I still net 1500-1600, though.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I eat 1520 calories normally. It is so important to eat enough!!! You must fuel the body so that it can properly metabolize and break down the fat! When you exercise more you've got to eat more!! Properly fuel the body!!!
  • kbendert
    kbendert Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". Right now MFP has me set to net 1330 calories, thinking about upping it to 1500. These success stories are making me motivated to make the switch!
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and eating that a day. Only just amended it to 1500 today as I have been looking on that Fat2Fit Radio website and calculated my BMR and TDEE. IT said I should be eating like 1700 cals once I hit my target weight and was to maintain that but since I have got 6 lbs more to lose in 5 weeks then I am trying to eat less than that

I am pretty lazy when it comes to exercise. I suffer bad knees so it really hurts at times, but I feel life is so hectic what with working full time and looking after my 21 month old son, afterwards I just wanna spend quality time with hubby rather than spend time exercising....

My problem is grazing all day at work through boredom....I have lost 11lb so far, seems its been creeping back on since Easter!!
    :sad:
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, depending on my workout... Sometimes more, sometimes less.... Do you mean netting 1500? If so, not me, I try to net 1200 still as my weight loss has already slowed to 1 lbs a week.
  • brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1400 a day and lost weight pretty quickly, I was doing DDR and just crunches, squats, lunges, ect. But now I upped it to 1880 because I'm doing Insanity now, I've lost .3 of a pound starting from Monday, so I think it's working good.