HELP with calorie intake

Options
Hey Guys.
Can you set your own calorie goal on this or is it automatic when you put your details in?
When I put in how much I want to lose etc my calorie goal is coming up as 1,290 but I want to up it to about 1,500 as I personally think this will be too low to maintain when I reach target

I am following the slimming world plan so i'm not totally strict about calorie intake but I like using this to track what I'm eating.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Go to goals, change goals, custom, make changes and save changes.
  • shaX07
    shaX07 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hey Guys.
    Can you set your own calorie goal on this or is it automatic when you put your details in?
    When I put in how much I want to lose etc my calorie goal is coming up as 1,290 but I want to up it to about 1,500 as I personally think this will be too low to maintain when I reach target

I am following the slimming world plan so i'm not totally strict about calorie intake but I like using this to track what I'm eating.

Once you reach target, you would want to change your goal in MFP to be maintain current weight, and that should bring your caloric number much higher regardless.
  • ClareOH
    ClareOH Posts: 40
    Options
    ok thanks guys :)

new to this lol x
  • crfaulk1
    crfaulk1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My advice is - (and what seems to be working for me) is that the weight loss is all about what you eat; weight maintenance is about cardio exercise to keep it off.

Ideally, I'm eating 10 - 12 salads per week - and a huge salad with 2 - 3 cups of romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, bell peppers/banana peppers - and it's only about 60 - 75 calories(not counting the dressing) . So you're still getting the nutrition without loading up on hundreds of calories. And you don't feel hungry if you pair a nice salad with lean meat.

What also helps me get through the days are protein bars (Special K, and Pure Protein are my favorites). That way I get my protein, and feel like I'm having a candy bar, without loading up on empty calories.

Good luck!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You can jsut change your weekly weight loss goal to 0.5lbs less then what it is set for now, and that will give you an extra 250 calories
  • ClareOH
    ClareOH Posts: 40
    Options
    thanks guys, very helpful!!
    :happy: