I like to eat, eat, eat Apples....

Options
1235»

Replies

• LizV32
    LizV32 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Granny smith apples!! But I also love the Washington apples!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    awesome chart - I like granny Smith, Honey Crisp and MacIntosh (only in season, off the tree, apple picking with the kidlets.)
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    There is such a thing as an excellent Red Delicious--fresh and crisp and juicy--but they are a finicky apple, and it's easy for them to get mealy. If I were you, I'd try them in the fall, and make sure they're very hard before you buy.
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    New Zealand apples are the best! :-)
    Granny Smiths are for cooking - get the hubby making an apple pie or apple crumble! Cream or Ice cream is additional.

Blasphemy! :laugh: Bramley apples are soooo much better for cooking, i've always known Granny Smiths as eating apples!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I see a lot saying Granny Smiths are for baking. I think it's just personal preference. I told the hubby that last night, he doesn't care what they're for, he loves just eating them. I think they're horrible unless in a pie! lol

I tried a Jazz apple for my late snack yesterday. It was very sweet, maybe the sweetest apple I ever tried. It was almost too sweet. I found it to be quite hard too, like almost like biting through soft wood, if that makes any sense.
  • stephraposo
    stephraposo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    EMPIRE APPLES!!!
    they're a mix between red delicious and Macintosh YUM!
  • SouthernArt77
    SouthernArt77 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I tried a Jazz apple for my late snack yesterday. It was very sweet, maybe the sweetest apple I ever tried. It was almost too sweet. I found it to be quite hard too, like almost like biting through soft wood, if that makes any sense.
    Really? The Jazz apples I bought were very crispy (I like them that way), but not "hard." Also, they weren't overly sweet...actually, they were kinda tart.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    This post made me think of this chart I found on Pinterest.

5uSNz.jpg

I like sweet apples so Fuji are by far my favorite!

Sweet! I mean...mmmm sour
  • MsAprilNurse
    Options
    I like gala apples and today i ate my apple with peter pan's creamy peanut butter for the very first time. There are no words for how freaking delicious it was. Omg!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Really? The Jazz apples I bought were very crispy (I like them that way), but not "hard." Also, they weren't overly sweet...actually, they were kinda tart.

I suppose it could have had the wrong sticker on it. It was quite different than apples I have had in the past though. I really love crisp apples too, but not hard.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Pink lady apples are my favourite!!