I really hate it

Options
BrenNew
BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
I really hate it when I read a post that does nothing but complain about something or other on MFP! Grrrrr :grumble:
I don't know how Mike, the creator, feels, but I know that it royally ticks ME off! :explode:
I would think that EVERYONE would just feel so darned grateful to have found a FREE site that has such EXCELLENT tools, that they'd be happily losing weight and thanking Mike (and all the wonderfully supportive members too!) instead of complaining! :grumble: I think MOST people DO, thank goodness. It's just the few (and it seems to me anyway, the ones who barely need to lose anything at all!) that do nothing but pick everything about the site apart. :grumble:
If there IS something people think could be better, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if instead of being sarcastic or demanding, they would just ask nicely about it! :smile:
I'm hoping that my email doesn't start a war or anything. I've read a few in my year and a half here, and sometimes they get a bit out of control. In the past, I've even tried to defend some people by saying that maybe they didn't MEAN to sound so mean or awful. I think sometimes the typed word DOES come off sounding maybe worse than the person intended. Sometimes though, like the one I just read however, I think they ARE being too *****y about it, and this time, I just had to put in my 2 cents worth! :angry:
MOSt of us "losers" know how hard Mike works, and also how great MFP has been in our lives! :love:
I'm sure I'm not alone in being so VERY grateful for this wonderful site! Thank you again Mike soooooo much for creating it. It's awesome! :love:

Replies

• OrientalGem
    OrientalGem Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah this site is pretty cool so thanks Mike - no complaints here!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My experience thus far, Bren....is that once they realize that Mike is 1 person supplying us with a free site........they apologize or stop complaining.

It is funny how I defend him like he is a family member:laugh:

After looking through 10 different sites to log food and get support.............and I didn't care what the cost at that point...............I found MFP to be Numero Uno!

I think people assume that because this is a huge website with many members, that he is making the big bucks off this site...............

Anyway, have a great Sunday!!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • BrenNew
    Options
    My experience thus far, Bren....is that once they realize that Mike is 1 person supplying us with a free site........they apologize or stop complaining.

After looking through 10 different sites to log food and get support.............and I didn't care what the cost at that point...............I found MFP to be Numero Uno!

I think people assume that because this is a huge website with many members, that he is making the big bucks off this site...............

Awww, Jeannie, you're ALWAYS so sweet, even to the ones who don't deserve it! :laugh:
    You could be right, maybe they don't know yet about how hard Mike works, and once they do, they'll stop their grumbling! I hope so anyway! :laugh:
    You have a great Sunday too! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Awww, Jeannie, you're ALWAYS so sweet, even to the ones who don't deserve it! :laugh:
    You could be right, maybe they don't know yet about how hard Mike works, and once they do, they'll stop their grumbling! I hope so anyway! :laugh:

Not ALWAYS Brenda! LOL. I did just make a comment because I HATE snarky....:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    But yeah, most of the time once they realize Mike is just like you and me and not living in the Trump Towers, they back off and apologize.

Again with the whole internet, not thinking about the human thing going on here.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I came from thedailyplate.com which is now livestrong.com

some people even pay for that site and this site is 300x better

which is why I jumped ships :tongue:
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Thanks Mike I know you work very hard....I am almost 2 weeks new and I love it!!! Tell it like it is Bren...Have a great Day!!!
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Ha I did livestong for a day it was not user friendly at all....I am a new online menber to WW that I pay for and I much prefer this site (sorry ww) and it is Free!!!!!!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Thanks Mike I know you work very hard....I am almost 2 weeks new and I love it!!! Tell it like it is Bren...Have a great Day!!!

:laugh: Aww, thanks, I usually DON'T tell it like it is, I'm the type that always keeps stuff bottled up inside! But, I guess what I read this morning just set me off enough that I HAD to "vent"! :laugh: I'm glad everyone seems to agree, and there isn't a "war" popping up! :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    Options

Not ALWAYS Brenda! LOL. I did just make a comment because I HATE snarky....:wink:

I don't know what "snarky" is Jeannie, you'll have to fill me in! :laugh: :smile:
  • CristinaMunoz
    Options
    i agree that user went over board but who is to say maybe that wasn't the cherry on her cake today, you know what i mean? Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt once but after that you are done. It is a shame that people can be so ungrateful, oh well................:grumble:
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i love this site and would be so lost with out it....keep up the great work mike and most of all thank you because with out this site i would have not reach my goal weight..i hope this site is here forever..this is coming from one very happy person:bigsmile: :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy:
  • BrenNew
    Options
    i love this site and would be so lost with out it....keep up the great work mike and most of all thank you because with out this site i would have not reach my goal weight..i hope this site is here forever..this is coming from one very happy person:bigsmile: :smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy:

I TOTALLY agree with everything you said! :smile: I feel the exact same way! :love: :happy:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I think MOST people DO, thank goodness. It's just the few (and it seems to me anyway, the ones who barely need to lose anything at all!) that do nothing but pick everything about the site apart. :grumble:
    I think the ones that pick aren't eating enough of their exercise calories and are just hungry. We have to forgive them that.
    073.gif
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I think MOST people DO, thank goodness. It's just the few (and it seems to me anyway, the ones who barely need to lose anything at all!) that do nothing but pick everything about the site apart. :grumble:
    I think the ones that pick aren't eating enough of their exercise calories and are just hungry. We have to forgive them that.
    073.gif

:laugh: :laugh:

Eat a sammich!!! :ohwell:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    It really bugs me too! Especially since my husband is a programmer and I've see many times first hand how much work and frustration goes into things like this, and he's never even done anything as huge as MFP!

It irritates me when new people don't take enough time to look around the site and get some info about it and who makes it/whats planned for it before they start making complaints about tiny issues. It only takes a few minutes to skim through Mike's blog or read a few posts already made in the site feedback or tech support boards.

Even with any small inconveniences I still think this is the best FREE calorie counting site on the net. :flowerforyou:
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Yeah. If you're reading this Mike, Super Job! No complaints here.

I am however patiently waiting for an iphone app- then I can take my beloved MFP everywhere I go!!!:love::love: But not a complaint, just a dream. A girl can dream.
  • aleanerme
    aleanerme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think this is a wonderful site as well. What a blessing to have a free site that provides numerous weight loss tools and a forum to connect with others. I have only been a member for a few weeks and I'd like to thank Mike for providing this effective resource. It is truly appreciated. I have been telling people about the site including my trainer. It's great to be able to pass the opportunity along to others so that they can all take advantage of a great weight loss tool.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Yeah. If you're reading this Mike, Super Job! No complaints here.

I am however patiently waiting for an iphone app- then I can take my beloved MFP everywhere I go!!!:love::love: But not a complaint, just a dream. A girl can dream.
    Can I dream of walking on the beach on vacation, still logging in my food and exercising on my blackberry while hanging out with my familiy? :wink:
  • aythakay
    aythakay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    THIS SITE ROCKS!!!!