Replies

• Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    7? Hot damn!

I could probably do the same thing!! But I won't try.... for now...
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Total Meal - 6 oz Sirloin With Broccoli No Butter And Tangy Tomato Salad No Croutons

Only 404 calories, 46g protein, and 500mg sodium!
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    you've not been!? LOVE the blooming onion but definitely NOT healthy. I wouldn't try to eat well at Outback if I had a gift cert. I'd skimp on breakfast & lunch, work out like a demon and PIG OUT on bloomin' onion, tall drinks and a juicy steak.

Not that I recommend it, just sayin' I know me

^This!^

If I'm going to Outback, you'd best believe I'm having part of a bloomin' onion, some aussie fries and a thunder from down under :)

But, if this is gonna be your giant meal for the day, maybe go for lunch. You won't feel famished from not having much to eat all day, and you'll probably be full for the rest of the day and just need a snack in the evening.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    or...eat whatever the hell you want and burn it off later =]

This!
  • sjjacobs1
    sjjacobs1 Posts: 17
    Options
    The database has a long list of Outback food. A 6oz Outback Special Sirloin os only 254 cal! the only advice I have is plan ahead of time, but don't deprive yourself- you're going out, have fun, you can eat dry chicken anytime!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    or...eat whatever the hell you want and burn it off later =]

THIS!! If it is your first time eating there, enjoy it!!! I ♥ Outback! Eat light and save your cals for dinner!! And PLEASE try the bread! It is delish! If you sit at the bar you will get a free onion blossom!!! My Outback makes a killer Captains Mai Tai!!!
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    6oz Filet woodfire grilled, salad with sweet potato
  • mrsbrown2k1
    mrsbrown2k1 Posts: 139
    Options
    We eat there once a week. Just ask for NO BUTTER!!!!! Food will still be good. I always get the outback special (no butter or oil), house salad w/ dressing on the side, no crutons even though there crutons rock!!! Steamed veggies....besure to ask for no butter on steamed veggies because they automatically add butter to them.
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    They have several meals on the menu with the "Under 500 calories" option....I like the Grilled Shrimp and petite steak meal
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all the posts yet so this my have been said already. I go online and print out the nutrition information before I go and study everything on it and pick what fits my calories for the day then I write it down on a post-it note and stick it in my purse so when I get there I can avoid the menu and temptation and order what I wrote down and nothing more.

This really does help.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I get the lobster tails...SO good. with steamed broccoli and a side salad. If I want to splurge a little, their clam chowder is the best I've ever tasted.
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    Outback is awesome, but boy the stuff is a killer to your calorie count.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    get what you want but ask for a box as soon as your food comes and cut each portion in half and put in the to go container. Then bust your booty with some excercise. I feel like you cant sustain living a happy life not being able to have what you want at all. Just have a smaller amt and pay for it.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I usually get a protein(fish, chicken, beef) and double broccoli
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I love Outback. It's easily my favorite place to eat out. Luckily, we don't have one where I lice, so I only eat there on special occasions when we are out of town. There is plenty of info in the MFP database to plan. I usually get the 6 oz special (steak) but only eat half. I love the bread, the potato, the onion peel. I don't want to go and not have those things, so I plan out a small amount of each. I eat very light for the rest of the day, and do some extra working out to earn more calories. If I don't workout, I sometimes just decide to go by maintenance calamity for that day. Also, know that like anywhere you eat out, you're getting more sodium than estimated at home so you'll probably see a slight scale jump, but if you go right back to your normal routine and drink plenty of water, it should come off quickly. Woe, that ended up being kinda long winded, sorry:)
  • SirZee
    SirZee Posts: 381
    Options
    This thread made me hungry....
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Ok, Now I want a Bloomin Onion....lol...

I usually get salmon. But then again, I am a fish girl. But they have awesome steaks, too.
  • hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    6oz Filet woodfire grilled, salad with sweet potato

^^^^^^^^^^this!!! I like my filet RARE though mmmmm :)
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    get what you want but ask for a box as soon as your food comes and cut each portion in half and put in the to go container. Then bust your booty with some excercise. I feel like you cant sustain living a happy life not being able to have what you want at all. Just have a smaller amt and pay for it.

This. Can't believe I forgot that part. Always ask for the box first. I only eat half the steak and half the potato, but if I sit there looking at it while my family eats, I'll usually end up losing my will power.