When I see things like this, I want to shake people...

Options
142hkyd.gif

This girl has been tiny her whole life (like 5' 1'' and 100lbs tiny) and tries the most ridiculously unhealthy short-term diets! After being on MFP I just want to go, "NNOOOOOO! DOOOON'T!" But alas, she is allowed to do what she wants, and I'm not going to get up in her biznizz.

Do you ever just want to reach out and grab someone when you see them trying to lose weight in ridiculous fad diet ways?

Replies

• Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    she'll quit soon enough. she will end up either passing out or bingeing.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we cannot control others, only ourselves.
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, we cannot control others, only ourselves.

Haha, true that. I would never step in and tell her what to do. If she wants to lose weight, she'll find out soon enough that celery and hot sauce aren't really a sustainable way of doing so.
  • cinnamonswing
    Options
    i have an overweight friend who i love but her lifestyle choices really get to me sometimes. she has tried numerous diets like soups/shakes or that chili lemon juice crazyness that was all the rage for a while. she says she wants to do it to kick start her weight loss, like if she can see some fast results she will be more motivated to keep being healthy, but surprise surprise, it doesn't work. this girl loves pizza, beer, sandwiches and laying on the couch and doesn't believe in "depriving" herself of anything. which is totally her choice but she also has problems with depression and i just KNOW that she would be feeling better if she did some exercise regularly. she also has problems finding guys (at least ones that she likes that like her back), i think sadly she goes more for the gym type guys and they usually want a more healthy girl i guess...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Celery and hot sauce is fine... if you're also having wings and bleu cheese.
  • kayleesays
    Options

OH GOD. YUM.
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    did you really post someones picture on here, and talk bad about them? scandal.
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

agree
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    OMG yes, my cousins just did this diet in Atlanta GA. It is absolutely ridiculous. You are pretty much just drinking protein shakes the entire time.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    people are incredibly frustrating.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am friends with a girl doing the HCG diet and being so dangerously strict with calories...and she's posting about how she lost 11 lbs in a week...and I just want to yell at her that the weight is gonna come RIGHT BACK after she stops this nonsense. But she's like 19 yrs old and wants a quick fix without a lifestyle change.
  • honestlysweet
    honestlysweet Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Can you honestly say you have never tried a fad diet? I have. That's why I'm on here, because they don't work. But most people have to find out the hard way. (Like me!)
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

This. :-)
  • isazzzz
    isazzzz Posts: 95
    Options
    142hkyd.gif

This girl has been tiny her whole life (like 5' 1'' and 100lbs tiny) and tries the most ridiculously unhealthy short-term diets! After being on MFP I just want to go, "NNOOOOOO! DOOOON'T!" But alas, she is allowed to do what she wants, and I'm not going to get up in her biznizz.

Do you ever just want to reach out and grab someone when you see them trying to lose weight in ridiculous fad diet ways?

I am 5' 1" and about 103lbs. I should add that I am asian as well, thus my small frame. These stats may seem tiny and small to you but I have problem areas like a belly pooch, and chubby arms. And no, I am not skinny fat. I am bordering on being chubby and am trying to lose those last few pounds of fat to be at my goal weight. I do agree that this girl's approach to dieting is flawed though. Clean diet (not starving) + exercise is better for the long run :)
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Alot of people seem to think fad diets are good ideas, whereas I do not. On their own head be it though.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. She thinks celery and hot sauce is going to do what, now?
  • mamaclose
    mamaclose Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    people are incredibly frustrating.

True story.
  • kayleesays
    Options
    I don't get it. She thinks celery and hot sauce is going to do what, now?

As she says it, "you lose calories while eating celery and hot sauce increases your metabolism."

:(?! She's a lovely girl, just very... misguided.
  • Axels91
    Axels91 Posts: 213
    Options
    5'1 and 100 lbs is really not that small proportionally.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Umm yeah, I have a male friend who is eating 900 cals a day and needs to lose a significant amount of weight...I hate seeing his diary...