Pay yourself to workout!!!

Options
I had a GREAT idea this morning as I was preparing to start my workout...Why not get a jar, and for EVERY workout I do, put $1 in the jar. By the time it reaches $50 (or whatever # you decide), I will buy myself a NEW OUTFIT! It can be new workout clothes, or a new dress, or whatever! That will be $1 used in a great way...to motivate me to workout and go shopping! And by the time I reach $50, I will be at least a size smaller :D It's a win-win situation!! Who's with me??

Replies

• Elona_30
    Elona_30 Posts: 66
    Options
    I love the idea:flowerforyou: thats is such a smart way to motivate your self, Im so going to start doing that.
    you have just given me the motivation that I have been lacking LOL Thanks for sharing :happy: :wink:
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been kind of doing this. For each pound i lose I'm sticking a dollar away. I can do a lot with $200 when I'm done :happy:
  • Back2Becca
    Options
    Love this idea!
  • aminahzjohnson
    aminahzjohnson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love the idea:flowerforyou: thats is such a smart way to motivate your self, Im so going to start doing that.
    you have just given me the motivation that I have been lacking LOL Thanks for sharing :happy: :wink:

No problem!! That's why we all are here...to motivate each other! I love the idea because I love shopping :D...
  • piglet1643
    Options
    BUMP
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    I love this idea, except that I usually shop for clothes every weekend...so boo. It wont work for me!
    *clothes *kitten**
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    OMG this is an EXCELLENT idea!!! I haven't excersised in over a week and really need to get back to going and OMG I think this may be the answer.!!!!! Thank you! I am in!
  • bakerr1975
    Options
    LOL! That is a fantastic idea! I should start a money jar. Thanks for the idea.
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've been doing something like this since New Year. I have a daily health chart, and for every task I complete, I give myself a dime. Some of the things I have on there are: be on time for work, eat something organic, drink 70 ounces of water, eat at least 6 fruits/veggies, do something nice for my husband, be in bed by 10:30, take my supplements, try something new, etc. I recently bought myself a heart rate monitor with my funds.
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea!
    I might just have to steal that one :-)
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had a GREAT idea this morning as I was preparing to start my workout...Why not get a jar, and for EVERY workout I do, put $1 in the jar. By the time it reaches $50 (or whatever # you decide), I will buy myself a NEW OUTFIT! It can be new workout clothes, or a new dress, or whatever! That will be $1 used in a great way...to motivate me to workout and go shopping! And by the time I reach $50, I will be at least a size smaller :D It's a win-win situation!! Who's with me??

there's an app for that...

...literally http://www.itproportal.com/2012/01/06/iphone-gym-app-pays-real-money-keeping-work-out-schedule/
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    thats a great idea! wish you were around months ago! but ive already spent a ton on a new wardrobe. this might hold me accountable not to spend more. I am loving my body now!
  • Bheller234
    Bheller234 Posts: 150
    Options
    I like this idea a lot! :happy: My money would probably go towards either new roller derby stuff or new camera stuff though! Still this is a really great idea! :bigsmile:
  • HardcorePork
    Options
    Two developers from Harvard have already beaten you to the punch. You guys have seriously never heard of GymPact?
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I actually acquired a weightloss sponsor that I worked out a reasonable goal with.

At the time, we gave me 25 weeks to lose 50 pounds. Those weeks end on June 29th.
    If/when I hit 50 pounds before that time, he has committed to paying $3/pound, totaling $150
    If I lose more than 50, he'll pay $5/pound for each additional pound, up to $250.

So, that means, I can max out the cash payout by losing 70 pounds. My parents will likely match it.

This is what got me going in the first place, and I'm pretty on track with a gross loss of 20 pounds so far. I like this because I don't have to save my own money for it, and I don't have it available and tempting me... LOL
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wow really innovative and exciting idea! :flowerforyou:
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I only wish I had money to do it.... broke college student here

And when I say broke I mean BROKE =] Thank God my parents pay for everything, lol!
  • lolarit
    lolarit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love this idea and I'm going to start today!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Two developers from Harvard have already beaten you to the punch. You guys have seriously never heard of GymPact?

Ya know, not everyone has an iPhone. A real life example isn't cruddy just because some people from Harvard developed a program to do it electronically.

Frankly, I think that was a waste of time because I could do it electronically myself, I don't need an app for that.
  • HardcorePork
    Options

Ya know, not everyone has an iPhone. A real life example isn't cruddy just because some people from Harvard developed a program to do it electronically.

Frankly, I think that was a waste of time because I could do it electronically myself, I don't need an app for that.

It's a pretty cool app, for those of us that have smart phones. It's entirely topical, and I'm sure plenty of people will be happy to be made aware of this tool.