116 calorie triple choc chunk muffin!! what?!

Options

Replies

• opal24
    opal24 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • only_5mom
    only_5mom Posts: 28
    Options
    Bump- I bet you could make with oat flour or a mix of grains if you have a grain mill!
  • Cheri7477
    Cheri7477 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    These sound really good and at only 116 I will try them.
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump....will have to try!
  • only_5mom
    only_5mom Posts: 28
    Options
    I just made these! Really yummy and rich. I made the 24 smaller muffins and had to bake them for more like 25 minutes. Toothpick still didn't come out clean but didn't want rubber muffins so I took them out. I used mini chocolate chips. Going to try peanut butter chips next time!
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    bumppp

What does "bump" mean? I've seen it before....

move it up on your topics list for quick reference. to move it up in the forums.
  • fosnanna
    fosnanna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sandyfp4h
    sandyfp4h Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yum. PB chips sound great. I love them with mini chips, but need to try this way next time.
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jakj00
    jakj00 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Bump. Drool!
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just made these... YUM! I blended dry oats in the blender first, then added the hot water and blended until mixed well. Then put all the rest of the ingredients in the blender and mixed it all up. I made 18 regular sized cupcakes and one tray of 12 minis. I also added extra mini choc chips to the top. Agreed with some of the other posters to add the second half of the chips at 5 minute point. I think next time I will just not mix any in the batter (as they all sunk to the bottom of the bowl) and just put them all on top of the muffins after I put the batter in the trays. Adding the chips during cooking was kind of a pain, lol. But these were really good! My recipe averaged out to 90 calories apiece. ::
    OP, thanks!!
  • trybabytry
    trybabytry Posts: 181
    Options
    Bump! Thank you!
  • sassyleo73
    sassyleo73 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    yummy bump!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    http://healthyisalwaysbetter.tumblr.com/post/6583755120/lessthan300kcal-triple-chocolate-chunk-muffin

Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin Knock-Offs of Whole Food’s 6 Dollar per 4 Chocolate Chunk VitaTop Muffins

Ingredients:

1 3/4 c oats

3 egg whites
    3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
    1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 cup hot water
    1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate or peanut butter chips!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
    In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
    Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
    Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
    Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
    Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!
    Servings: 12 Big Muffins or 24 Smaller Muffins
    Calories: 116 Calories Per Muffin or 58 Calories Per Muffin

*drooling*
  • oldteller1
    oldteller1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://healthyisalwaysbetter.tumblr.com/post/6583755120/lessthan300kcal-triple-chocolate-chunk-muffin

Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffin Knock-Offs of Whole Food’s 6 Dollar per 4 Chocolate Chunk VitaTop Muffins

Ingredients:

1 3/4 c oats

3 egg whites
    3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
    1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or 1-1/2 Tbsp. vinegar)
    1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1 cup hot water
    1 cup sugar substitute (like Splenda granular) OR 1/4 cup + 2 tbs stevia
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate or peanut butter chips!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 (12-cup) muffin pans with foil cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
    In a blender, (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together, except for the chocolate chips. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
    Place mixture in a bowl and gently stir in 1/2 of the chocolate chips (set the rest aside). Scoop mixture into prepared muffin pans.
    Place muffins tins in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove muffins from the oven (but don’t shut oven off), and distribute the other half of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
    Place the muffins back into the oven and bake for an additional 2-5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. *Note, you could skip this step by putting all of the chips in the batter, and baking the muffins for 12-15 min straight, but this method gives the muffins the traditional ‘VitaTop Muffin’ look with the chocolate chips on top!
    Cool muffins before removing from pan. ENJOY!!!
    Servings: 12 Big Muffins or 24 Smaller Muffins
    Calories: 116 Calories Per Muffin or 58 Calories Per Muffin

*drooling*
  • niclagi
    niclagi Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I will have to make these this weekend!!
  • mswhite60
    mswhite60 Posts: 35
    Options
    wow.
  • celmes11
    celmes11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kittymoney
    kittymoney Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    got to come back to this one