guys does size/weight matter?

Options
88perfect
88perfect Posts: 19 Member
like if a girl is too big or too small do you care. or would you still get to know her and like her for who she is?

Replies

• Bauer77
    Bauer77 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I personally love people in all shapes and sizes. but living so close to South Beach and all the plastics down here in south florida, this is not always the case...

My preference though is not to skinny, and curvy. I dont want to throw her over my head during sex, she might hit the fan....lol
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    my best friend for 17 years when i met her was well over 300 pounds. Now that she is losing weight and everything we are still close.

To some it does and to others it doesn't but if they go by that they could be missing out on a good friendship.
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    My boyfriend says that he doesnt like grossly skinny girls. Alot of his friends agree. But I guess thats not to say they wouldnt like a girl if she was grossly skinny, they just dont find it particularly attractive. Im glad, because Ill never be able to get "skinny"! :P
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    like if a girl is too big or too small do you care. or would you still get to know her and like her for who she is?

To a point size and weight does matter. There has to be at least some physical attraction.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend says that he doesnt like grossly skinny girls. Alot of his friends agree. But I guess thats not to say they wouldnt like a girl if she was grossly skinny, they just dont find it particularly attractive. Im glad, because Ill never be able to get "skinny"! :P

My husband is the same way. He likes physically fit girls with a little "meat" and muscle.
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    Yes:)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    It matters, but you have to look at the whole package.
  • onegoal2
    onegoal2 Posts: 47
    Options
    Does not matter. Know the Person -love the person is what i say.
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    In a word, yes. I'm not particularly shallow, but I do have a range of sizes that I do or do not find attractive. So if by get to know her you mean get to know her for romantic purposes, there are girls of certain sizes that I would not get to know, because it would be dishonest to express interest in someone I knew I wasn't attracted to.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Sorry if this sounds 'weird' Hillary but OMG!! Your profile pic is amazing! Don't stress about skinny! You look amazing as you are! :p
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    as a female.. i think it does matter to guys.. but i also think most guys dont like women who are just skin and bones..
    they like curvy women with flat stomachs big boobs and nice *kitten*..
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    i had a bf who left me cuz i lost weight o.O and i was pree big lol so i guess some guys like em big some guys like em small
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    It does matter some, but it is the person inside that really matters.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I have friends of all sizes but for a relationship, I would think you would want to choose someone that suits your eye.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    As long as I find her attractive and more importantly desirable then her size/weight do not matter.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    it really, really matters to some guys, and from experience they are not really people that you want in your life because they expect you to prioritise weight at all other costs (mental, emotional, job, hunger levels). For example, check out my blog to see what my ex considered 'getting too heavy for my height':

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Lolli1986

in the end I had to decide that this was his issue, not mine, and that i was absolutely not willing to starve (for me, less than 1300cals feels totally unreasonable) for the sake of rectifying his issue.

when a guy starts acting like he can't get it up because he can see cellulite, and YOU take that on board as your fault and your problem, *kitten* is just getting all out of whack.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't take long looking at my ticker or profile to find out that I was HUGE when I signed up here. I've always said as you do, but my opinion was somewhat changed now. Size/weight doesn't matter, but as a person trying really hard to get in shape, I don't want to be with someone who is consuming 5000+ calories per day worth of fast food & junk and not doing anything to burn it off. I do see beauty in all shapes & sizes, but in order for me to care about you, you must show that you first care for yourself:flowerforyou:
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Each guy likes what he likes, big, small, tall, short. Same holds true for women.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    At this point, I prefere average or smaller.

Athletic is appealing cause I know the hard work and dedication it takes to get there.

But in my town honestly 2/3 or more of girls outta college (24-25+) are overweight. It's depressing.
  • stevepierson
    Options
    I think that extremes can make a difference, but I have to tell you that it just about breaks my heart to see some of the very attractive women talk about hoping they'll be attactive again. They say that because they are more full figured than they think is attractive.