My favorite 120 calorie snack

Options
jadedone
jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
Just wanted to share my number one pretty clean snack. Hot chocolate! :)

I have 1 cup of almond milk and ~1.5 tablespoons of a prepared hot chocolate mix like the trader joes ones: the spicy or non spicy don't have too many ingredients. They do add a thickener. Or you can just make your own: 1-1.5 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, some vanilla extract (or make your own vanilla sugar: add a vanilla bean to some sugar and let it sit for at least a week), and 1-2 teaspoons of your sweetener of choice. Optional: cinnamon and cayenne pepper.

You could shave a few calories when making your own and get it under 100. I am usually lazy and just by the hot cocoa mix, but I know what I am making for Christmas gifts this year: homemade hot chocolate mix. :D

Anyway, this gives you calcium, a little fiber and some iron, so it is a win win in my book.

What snacks do you like?

Replies

• nofailureallowed
    Options
    2 Wheat Thin Garlic/Parsley Crackers & Baby Bell Swiss Cheese
    110 calories! YUMMMMMM
  • RaquelQtie
    RaquelQtie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Special K Bar - Raspberry Cheesecake flavor & honey nut. I call it dessert :)
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Andy Capps Hot fries (approx 50 per serving is 110 cal.)

NOT HEALTHY but they satisfy my junkfood tooth :)
  • SusanLong8867
    Options
    an ice cream cone with my favorite yogurt in it topped with a small dollop of whipped cream. Usually comes in around 100 calories depending on the yogurt.
  • SusanLong8867
    Options
    :smile:
    Special K Bar - Raspberry Cheesecake flavor & honey nut. I call it dessert :)