Pork roast Slow cooked

Options
hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
Not sure how it tastes yet, but it sounded pretty good.....i took a 3lbs pork roast put some salt and pepper on it, then i threw it in a pan and browned all the sides (pork is always better tasting if browned)...while it was cooking i sliced up an onion and crushed 5 cloves of garlic and put them in the bottom of the crock pot.....when the pork was done searing i put it in with the onions and garlic and then put in the drippings that were left in the pan......finally i poured some milke into the crock pot until it covered the pork 3/4's of the way......i'm cooking it right now on low for 8-9hours....and i'm going to roast some veggies in the oven later....I can't wait ....after dinner i'll come back and post whether or not its worth making again :bigsmile:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Yum Yum Yum that sound delicious :happy: :happy: :happy: You making me hungry :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    p.s. i just did the recipe analyzer for this recipe... 4 oz is 282 calories mine is kind of high on fat because i used whole milk..so 13.8 grams of fat 2.9 grams of carbs and 34.4 grams of protien...
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    adding a pack of Lipton Onion soup mix and a can of Campbell's light creamo of mushroom soup to a roast makes awesomeeeeee gravey. Not sure about the sodium content though
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Pork is high in fat, But it sounds tasty
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Milk?
    :huh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Milk?
    :huh:

I'm with George! Milk?!!!
    I'm no "Julia Child" by any means, so I liked the suggestion about searing the meat, but milk?
  • metalpalace
    Options
    hasiangirl that sounds unbelievably delicious. I'd eat it in moderation and totally enjoy it :)
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    pork isnt that bad...depending on what type of pork you're eating along with what other nutrition u eat as well during the day....i get most of my fat count from meats and a few from oils that i cook with... but moderation is the key and 4oz of meat being only 282 cals and 13grams of fat with 29 grams of protien doesnt seem bad at all :smile:
    as far as the milk goes.....i loveeeeee loveeeeee loveeee cooking with milk, the flavors it brings out and the moistness is delicious....if u think about it, it's kind of like cooking it in i dunno a cream of mushroom soup minus the mushroom (which in fact would probably taste good with pork) but i dont like canned soups...and milk i think is actually tastier esp with fresh herbs and good seasoning
    and metalplace i will be enjoying my whole 4oz of meat very slowly lol and then eating quite a few veggies.....unfortunately im not going to eat the roasted veggies (I cut potatoes out of my lifestyle....i dont really miss them either) buttttttttttt i will be eating tons of green veggies with it :bigsmile:

and i had pork for lunch :laugh: :laugh: i am a pork and chicken fanatic
  • tellem46
    tellem46 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    test
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    I eat pork very sedomly on in moderation as well but I got to admit that sounds good and it doesnt seen that bad:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    p.s. IT WAS DELICIOUS!! deff gonna make it again :bigsmile: :heart:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It certainly sounds good.
    I've done a similar recipe that uses a tiny bit of liquid smoke & water. It tastes a lot like the deep pit Kula pork in Hawaii.
    The trouble is, it seems to need rice & lots of fruit! :wink:
  • maka1002
    Options
    When I make my pork I brown also, but I cut up an onion and a apple and mix it with sourkraut. Then I put it over the roast and slow cook it. The meat just falls apart. It is excellent and the apple makes the saurkraut not so sour and tart.