• _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    will read later

I lift things up and put them down!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    throughly enjoyed this article. personally struggling with staying at a calorie deficit or just lifting and doing some cardio while eating 1800 to 2000 calories per day. I am still "technically" about 9-10 pounds overweight for my height, but I am relatively muscular so I might be at the proper weight for my body....
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Yea! Eat and lift heavy things!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I lift things up and put them down!

Cracks me up, my 6 year old son says that all the time now that he has seen the Planet Fitness commercial!
  • sophsw
    sophsw Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • nessaryan
    nessaryan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    this is the most aWESOMEST THING EVER!!!!
  • NancyNiles
    NancyNiles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Excellent article!!!

I wish I could have shown this to the PT from hell at my Planet Fitness that told me yesterday I'm too overweight to be lifting free weights, I should be doing crunches and other odd things on a swiss ball in the 2x3 foot space of the gym not dedicated to the cardio-a-haulics. She didn't even want me walking through the "boys department" to get the 10 lb barbie bells she wanted me to use in place of a barbell for deadlifts. *sigh*
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    BUMP FOR LATER...
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Awesome and yup..lift like a man...eat like one too.

Words to live by!:wink:
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. Thanks
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This was a great read!
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this great article!

I totally agree with the writer.
  • HeealthyMee
    HeealthyMee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Excellent article!!!

I wish I could have shown this to the PT from hell at my Planet Fitness that told me yesterday I'm too overweight to be lifting free weights, I should be doing crunches and other odd things on a swiss ball in the 2x3 foot space of the gym not dedicated to the cardio-a-haulics. She didn't even want me walking through the "boys department" to get the 10 lb barbie bells she wanted me to use in place of a barbell for deadlifts. *sigh*

Fire her *kitten* and get a new trainer. Boys Department - is she kidding?? Grrr.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Great article! Thanks for posting!!
  • Selk68
    Selk68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thx! :D
  • redcut
    redcut Posts: 176
    Options
    bump for later thanks
  • itsalaina
    itsalaina Posts: 27
    Options
    bump
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Excellent article!!!

Waa? That chick needs to be throat punched! Barbie dumbbells are for Barbies....she is doing what most PT's do, ensuring that she has you as a client ($$$) for a long time. If you just do cardio and crunches you are not going to truly change the shape of your body....it's called skinny fat. I wish I would have listened to my hubby (who is also a PT) when he told me to lift heavy....I was always afraid of being "bulky"....so glad I stopped drinking that Kool-Aid! Weight training is where it’s at IMO! I do cardio as well but am definitely not segregated to the girls side of the gym. I can’t wait until I can lift like the boys do!
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    This was a fantastic article. I am trying to get the courage to even go to my gym, this helped a little. :)