Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic article! Thanks for sharing!

This website has some great stuff too:

http://www.stumptuous.com/
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Love this! I'm nowhere near as hardcore as she is, but I was able to coast through recovering from a stress fracture by taking a month off from logging my food and exercising, and a lot of self-medication involving chocolate, without gaining weight.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mcasprin
    mcasprin Posts: 14
    Options
    6 small meals a day. 4 days a week of weight lifting 2-3 sessions of 20-30minute cardio. a clean diet within three months you will see results it works trust me
  • DisneySkaGirl
    Options
    Excellent article!!!

I wish I could have shown this to the PT from hell at my Planet Fitness that told me yesterday I'm too overweight to be lifting free weights, I should be doing crunches and other odd things on a swiss ball in the 2x3 foot space of the gym not dedicated to the cardio-a-haulics. She didn't even want me walking through the "boys department" to get the 10 lb barbie bells she wanted me to use in place of a barbell for deadlifts. *sigh*

Waa? That chick needs to be throat punched! Barbie dumbbells are for Barbies....she is doing what most PT's do, ensuring that she has you as a client ($$$) for a long time. If you just do cardio and crunches you are not going to truly change the shape of your body....it's called skinny fat. I wish I would have listened to my hubby (who is also a PT) when he told me to lift heavy....I was always afraid of being "bulky"....so glad I stopped drinking that Kool-Aid! Weight training is where it’s at IMO! I do cardio as well but am definitely not segregated to the girls side of the gym. I can’t wait until I can lift like the boys do!

I've only been lifting for about 2 months, and for certain exercises I have to wait for the weights I need to be free cause a boy is using them... Man is that ever gratifying, that my hard work is paying off!!!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    nice read - thanks

Shes also short at 5'2" , if anyone cares. And was eating 2000 cals a day, when lifting Olympic style. (an not bulky)

Oh yeah! I care! I am 5'2" and am always looking to see how to compare. Alot of people on MFP are so much taller than me eating 2000 cals so I always think i cant eat that much. I have been getting up to 1900 (cause I'm hungry) and am freaking a bit because I am short and probably shouldnt be eating that much. Will read!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    love it!

*wanders off to pick up heavy *kitten**
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bump for a look-see later.
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    Bump for later
  • emcemayo
    emcemayo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    awesome
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Fantastic article! Thanks for sharing!

This website has some great stuff too:

http://www.stumptuous.com/

My same friend introduced that site to me as well today! Love it!
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    will read later

I lift things up and put them down!

ditto! ;D
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    Loved it! I even named my diet, "get off the couch and pick up something heavy". It's what I tell them when they ask what I've been doing.
  • sissypunks
    Options
    bump for later
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Interesting article. I like her take on most of it. And kudos that she states she prefers Paleo, and refrained from pushing it as THE WAY...

But...

(1) HFCS is not poisonous
    (2) Why is she "relegated" to weight lifting on machines now? Just curious.
  • jts10
    jts10 Posts: 37
    Options
    I've been trying hard to lift weights -- I started with the Strong Lifts 5x5 program. I've enjoyed it, it's been easy to get into, but I'm weak. The most I can lift at this point is 35lbs, but I just started. I guess I should just keep it up? I started eating more calories this week because MFP had me eating 1240 net, which is way too low for a 5'4 124lb person. Anyone think this is true? Or am I just going to end up 20lbs heavier again by upping my calories? :P