Terrified to start.

Options
tkcasta
tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
Hi Everyone,
I'm Tanya and I'm terrified. I'm 24 and have put my life on hold because I'm too insecure to do anything or meet people. I'm sorry I'm not bubbly or excited, but losing weight (which I desperately want to do) means that my defense is getting torn down. I have "tried" to lose weight in the past and when I begin to succeed I stop because I'm scared. People always say you have to hit the wall before you can change, well, I think I hit the wall a long time ago - then I just sat down next to it. I'm going to change, I'm going to have a new life, I'm just so scared.

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Linda1959
    Options
    Hey Tanya hang in there. No need to be scared. don't kow how I can help but I'll try to be as supportive as I can be. This is all new to me too. Good Luck - I have a mantra - "slow and steady" and remember baby steps lead to big steps! I bought a dress (on sale cheap cheap cheap - $5.00 actually) that is 2 sizes smaller than I am right now that is too tight in all the places I want to lose (MY tummy, and all that back fat!) and hung it on the outside of my closet this morning - as my motivation. I just started here today so we can struggle through this together along with all these other wonderful people!

good luck!
  • leigh72
    leigh72 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi Tanya...welcome! I just joined the site myself and I am learning. This is a process that we must take one day at a time. We can do it, we are here to support one another:smile:

Let us face our fears and get this done!! Good luck!!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    You will do great! Life is about change...so this is just one more to experience and embrace. Just remember you don't have to do it all in one day! Little changes over time and you'll get to your goals. Everyone is here to help!
  • proctor0828
    Options
    With weightloss comes a sense of pride because you did it, it's something that you accomplish on you own. Another thing is confidence... you can hold your head up higher because who cares if someone knowtist you, you feel good!

People will alway judge, it's in their nature.... the trick is to say who cares what they think... I'm doing this for myself.

You can do it, this site is for support in weightloss but in all aspects, if something sycological is causing you to hold back, let's talk about it. That's what we are here for to help you succeed!
  • tkcasta
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I can already tell this will be a helpful site. It will be nice to have people who don't know me, but really know what I'm going through to talk to.
  • leigh72
    Options
    Girls...where do you paste the code for the ticker to show up???? I have been searching and cannot find where you paste the code?!?!?!?!?!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I was very scared to start, mostly for the fear of failing. I know that I was heavy for so long because then I had an excuse for so much in my life. No boyfriend because I was fat. Didn't go out, because I was fat.

Now I feel very confident. I don't want to have the excuses, I don't need to hide behind the fat. I fell healthier and happier than I have in years. I have started more socializing and trying out more things than I used to. My excuses are going.

Don't be afraid, be excited. A whole new life is waiting for you.
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi Tanya,

Good luck on your weight loss journey- you can do it! :flowerforyou: I suggest joining (or starting) a message board group that you log in to everyday to keep yourself accountable. That has truly saved my butt. There have been many times where I do not want to let my MFP pals down!

~Erica
  • proctor0828
    Options
    Girls...where do you paste the code for the ticker to show up???? I have been searching and cannot find where you paste the code?!?!?!?!?!

in your signature...
  • mhayes13
    mhayes13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Tanya - Congratulations on your commitment to making a positive change in your life. Utilizing this site will certainly help you reach your goals and the people are extremely supportive. I recommend looking at some of the success stories on the site – they can really get you fired up about your process!!
  • proctor0828
    Options

in your signature...

Ok sorry I just double checked... account settings then change forum signature.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • tkcasta
    Options
    Thanks all! I really appreciate your words of encouragement, and as I go along this path I hope I can spread positivity the way you all have. Thanks again for the warm welcome.:drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hey, you've already lost 9 so you're on the right track. :flowerforyou:

I didn't start getting serious about losing weight until I was in my upper 30's, wish I was like you and started when I was young.

You can do it!! :drinker:
  • leigh72
    Options
    Proctor, I got it! Thanks:smile:
  • tkcasta
    Options
    tumblr_mcjmodLctr1qbc7czo12_r1_250.gif
  • august832004
    Options
    hey tanya baby steps at a time. go for short goals and try to avoid your long term goals. everyone seeks the fastest and easiest route but truth is, it takes dedication and commitment as well as hard work to acheive your goals. feel free to add me