Do You Like It When Your Food Touches?

Options
HealthyWayorNoWay
HealthyWayorNoWay Posts: 83 Member
I HATE when my food touches!! So do you like when your food touch?

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yes i do sometimes i mix it together to make it taste even better, but that's just me;)
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Depends on what goes together! But seriously I will literally throw up at the sight of chocolate covered fruit. Its really gross! I cant have it together or even near me...I like to eat my fruit separately and my chocolate separately. :)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Depends on what it is. When I get a salad at work I like to get a plate for the salad and a bowl for the fruit. I did, recently, get in a fight with the woman working in the cafeteria, though, when she told me I wasn't allowed to do so. Long story, but I was irritated with her control issues.
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    Options
    Depends on what goes together! But seriously I will literally throw up at the sight of chocolate covered fruit. Its really gross! I cant have it together or even near me...I like to eat my fruit separately and my chocolate separately. :)

I hate chocolate period! so anything with chocolate make me cringe....except twixs lol
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Yes i do sometimes i mix it together to make it taste even better, but that's just me;)

not just you...I like it when ranch dressing gets on my spaghetti!
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I won't eat it if it touches other food, and I eat everything in order. Being mocked at meal times is pretty normal for me, haha.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    One of the girls at work hates it. She doesnt' want her meat, potato, veg touching.

Yet she can have eggs benedict with shredded potatos, cheese, ham all smothered together and covered in 1/4C hollandaise.

There's more calories in the sauce then the entire dish the way those ladies take it.

Needless to say, the only woman 'average' or 'skinny' at work is the busgirl they just hired.

It's all downhill after 24.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people get so worked up over food touching. It's all going in your mouth at some point in time and has a big party in your stomach.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I used to be really bad about this! But I notice lately that I have loosened up some on that.
  • ShannonRawls
    ShannonRawls Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, I've never had a problem with it. lol
  • sdoldsMD2013
    Options
    It doesn't really bother me. Sometimes I will mix it all together, lol! :-)
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    OMG!! NO!! lol and anyone who says they do is a total freak ;)
  • HealthyWayorNoWay
    Options
    I don't know why people get so worked up over food touching. It's all going in your mouth at some point in time and has a big party in your stomach.

My dad always tell me that lol
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I DO NOT like my food touching other thins. I know it all mixes togther, but doesn't mean I have to taste it all togther at the same time.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    For those of you who can't stand your food to touch, what do you do when you go to a nice restaurant and the Chef has composed a beautiful dish for you? You know that every bite should contain a bit of everything on the plate, right? All of it. At the same time. For texture and flavor and balance?
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Two years ago my brother-in-law came over for Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house. Once dinner began we all started digging in and commenting on the food etc. etc. etc. and halfway through dinner someone asks my brother-in-law what the heck he was doing. We all look over at his plate, and he had basically taken some of everything on the table, and made a homogeneous mixture of all of them on his plate. And here's the kicker, this pile of food it took up the entire plate and was about an inch and a half high. Solid food. Mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, turkey, green bean casserole, mashed up corn bread, and God knows what else was on the table that year. No air pockets. Just solid food. We stared in amazement at his plate. He was still sculpting his pile of food. Everyone else was almost done eating when he started eating his food mountain.

He fell asleep on the couch about an hour later. :P
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Two years ago my brother-in-law came over for Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house. Once dinner began we all started digging in and commenting on the food etc. etc. etc. and halfway through dinner someone asks my brother-in-law what the heck he was doing. We all look over at his plate, and he had basically taken some of everything on the table, and made a homogeneous mixture of all of them on his plate. And here's the kicker, this pile of food it took up the entire plate and was about an inch and a half high. Solid food. Mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, turkey, green bean casserole, mashed up corn bread, and God knows what else was on the table that year. No air pockets. Just solid food. We stared in amazement at his plate. He was still sculpting his pile of food. Everyone else was almost done eating when he started eating his food mountain.

He fell asleep on the couch about an hour later. :P

This made me lough out loud.

I used to mix my mashed potatoes and peas together. Sometimes if I make something like hamburger helper or some other kind of casserole I'll just toss the veggies in with it instead of eating them on the side. There are probably a few things i wouldnt want to mix (like sweet and savory... ranch on spaghetti as mentioned above, yum, ranch on cookies.. not so much).
  • LOLTrish
    LOLTrish Posts: 37
    Options

I always end up mixing my foods together. Today I had left over green beans, red cabbage and mashed potatoes and instead of separating them, I put them all in a bowl together and heated them up. Yum!!
  • foxytrotter82
    foxytrotter82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love mixing foods, i think that's what makes it fun. Trying new flavours together. Somethings should not "touch" but then I just wouldn't generally have them on the same plate. like.. dessert with gravy or something. but otherwise..... i'm not 5yo. so........ kind of out grew that faze
  • kburns0709
    kburns0709 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    for me it depends on the kinds of food, like two "dry" foods can touch and its fine, like fries and okra or something
    but "wet" foods can't touch each other or dry foods because they'll make the dry foods soggy