Question...!

Options
So I am not new to myfitnesspal...i had an account last year and lost tons of weight! I love this site....the thing is this... I fell off the wagon! I had help though...I just had a baby in July! ( a beatiful little boy!) Ok so here's my thing...I have no problem being disciplined and sticking to this at all as long as I have ways to fight my cravings and keep from constantly feeling like I'm starving! If I remember correctly the first few weeks are always the hardest...sooo....

Can you all share some of your favorite low cal snacks and lunch ideas? I work in an office setting so sitting at my desk all day is so tough to not think about food when your stomach keeps growling. i like to eat small lunches and snack a couple times a day to keep me from feeling like i'm starving....any help would be ohh so appreciated! :smile: THANKS!

Replies

• tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    the one thing i find that fills me up the most is grapes, just a handful really actually fill me...

also, laughing cow cheese wedges (35 calories a wedge) on some low fat wheat thins.. yummy... and satisfies the crunch desire i have sometimes.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple or some carrots with Ranch dressing. A golden delicious apple fills me right up.
  • Mercede
    Mercede Posts: 21
    Options
    Grapes are good. Try putting them in the freezer.
  • Jennifer22109
    Jennifer22109 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate your help. :flowerforyou: If anyone has any more suggestions please keep them coming. I need all the help I can get!
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Granola is king! That's what i tend to snack on a lot. Either the Quaker bars or something like that.

I'll also eat some low fat graham crackers and grapes for snack. Tops out at about 150 calories (just in case you wanted to know)
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    fruits for snacks! watermelon, cateloupe, strawberries blueberries, ....!!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    First, eat a BIG breakfast...before you even get to work. I have cereal, milk and fruit or eggs, bacon and toast.

That will help hold you over. I bring cottage cheese, berries (strawberries and blueberries are in season) for my morning snack, then grapes and one low fat string cheese for the afternoon one. If I'm going to be working out immediately after work, I take a protein bar and eat part just before I start working out and the rest right afterwards. Then I have time to go home and cook something healthy and not just latch on to the nearest, easiest food I see.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, hummus with cut up veggies or on whole wheat pita (toast in the toaster oven at work or bring it toasted), Laughing cow cheese on low fat crackers or on 1/2 of a toasted low cal english muffin (I like to layer cucumber on top of the cheese when I eat it this way), apple with peanut butter or almond butter. These are all easy to bring to work!